Randomly Blown Bottom End

Deleted member 47337

quite frankly the forums are better off without people like you. I know plenty of smart people that id like to learn from, but the truth of the matter is, nobody wants to learn from an asshole regardless of what accreditations you might have. Perhaps if you chose to conduct yourself in the same manner as you would in person, people would be more willing to speak with you about the knowledge you have.

Again, your soft ego seems easily bruised which is nothing new to me, know plenty of people like you on the internet and in person. Regardless, I dont wish you any ill will I just hope at some point you realize this yourself.
I don't know what to tell you.

You asked me some questions, and I answered them. You thought I had a stock car, when you could of just looked at my thumbnail. I told you why after market intakes do what they do, and you didn't get it.

Sorry, but I really don't know what else to say, but it's people like you that keep me away from forums. I don't think I have been mean or disrespectul, but you certainly have.
Sponsored

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I don't know what to tell you.

You asked me some questions, and I answered them. You thought I had a stock car, when you could of just looked at my thumbnail. I told you why after market intakes do what they do, and you didn't get it.

Sorry, but I really don't know what else to say, but it's people like you that keep me away from forums.
again, I read your reply about the intake stuff and it makes sense to me. But what youre saying is negligible. Not everybody is going to notice that loss of response due to the velocity changing. With turbochargers this small anyways if an intake changes the transient response of your turbo youve more than likely have bigger issues.

Youre seriously splitting hairs on this topic.

If people like me keep you off the forums, it would be hilarious to see what happens when actual assholes give you shit because Im actually a pretty reasonable person. Id love to see you lose your shit when trolls on the internet eat your alive. Your ego wont be able to deal with it.

and again, NO I didnt dig into your build FFS and your avatar has a steering wheel. How the hell do I find a reworked 1st gear and 2900lb car with you in it from just your avatar you weirdo.

Deleted member 47337

again, I read your reply about the intake stuff and it makes sense to me. But what youre saying is negligible. Not everybody is going to notice that loss of response due to the velocity changing. With turbochargers this small anyways if an intake changes the transient response of your turbo youve more than likely have bigger issues.

Youre seriously splitting hairs on this topic.

If people like me keep you off the forums, it would be hilarious to see what happens when actual assholes give you shit because Im actually a pretty reasonable person.

and again, NO I didnt dig into your build FFS and your avatar has a steering wheel. How the hell do I find a reworked 1st gear and 2900lb car with you in it from just your avatar you weirdo.
Like I said, I haven't been the one name-calling or being disrespectful. I just gave you the reasons why intakes do what they do. It's not my job to make you a believer. You can take the time yourself to do more research on the topic...and I don't mean that in a bad way.

For the record, people are able to feel slight changes in their cars. I can feel every physical change I make to my car, and other peoples' cars. That's why we spend days of not weeks fine tuning customers' cars. Anyone can put an aggressive tune on a car and think they're great at what they do, but that's far from the truth. It takes a lot of experience and sensitivity to tune a car correctly....from wheels, tires, suspension, and of course software. Slapping on an intake, (I think personally) is the worst mod you can do to a Type R with a stock turbo.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Like I said, I haven't been the one name-calling or being disrespectful. I just gave you the reasons why intakes do what they do. It's not my job to make you a believer. You can take the time yourself to do more research on the topic...and I don't mean that in a bad way.

For the record, people are able to feel slight changes in their cars. I can feel every physical change I make to my car, and other peoples' cars. That's why we spend days of not weeks fine tuning customers' cars. Anyone can put an aggressive tune on a car and think they're great at what they do, but that's far from the truth. It takes a lot of experience and sensitivity to tune a car correctly....from wheels, tires, suspension, and of course software. Slapping on an intake, (I think personally) is the worst mod you can do to a Type R with a stock turbo.
Sorry, I call it as I see it. You come off a small man with a big ego on the internet. Well pretend like your passive aggressive and condescending tone isnt a lowkey attack on my character.

I even put in my reply post to you that this was to facilitate discussion. You answered one of my questions. Please feel free to answer the rest. I learn from discussions and questioning people in addition to what I can find on the internet. Im not by impressed by who you work with or what you do for a living, sorry.

-----------------

Sweet, I understand where youre coming from a tuning perspective, but you probably need to understand that youre tuning honda civics where the majority of customers run their cars on the street, not the damn Le Mans. I dont know any business that would or could justify tuning a customers car for weeks on end, from a business perspective, youre losing money. You cant simply apply what you do for higher end cars used for serious racing to street cars and to think its feasible to churn a profit imo. Again, to me, youre splitting hairs and I get it youre on that "one with the car" level and can feel every noticeable difference.

Last edited:

Deleted member 47337

Sorry, I call it as I see it. You come off a small man with a big ego on the internet. Well pretend like your passive aggressive and condescending tone isnt a lowkey attack on my character.

I even put in my reply post to you that this was to facilitate discussion. You answered one of my questions. Please feel free to answer the rest. I learn from discussions and questioning people in addition to what I can find on the internet. Im not by impressed by who you work with or what you do for a living, sorry.

I don't think you're worth it to be honest. You've name-called me, and already disrespected me on multiple levels.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I don't think you're worth it to be honest. You've name-called me, and already disrecpected me on multiple levels.
thats cool, I dont lose sleep over it, but I know this discussion is going to leave a bad taste in your mouth whether or not you want to admit it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What a happy ending.

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thank god we have someone here that knows everything about the CTR to steer people in the right direction to modifying this car the "correct" way.

cant believe i been doing it the wrong way all these years by putting a heavy 275 tire on a light weight forged wheel. Thanks for showing me the way.
Looks over at my TE37s wrapped with Indy 500 245s.
#feelsbadman
#Ididitallwrong
#moddedtobeslower

edit: great news thread OP.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to get beat up here but the guy did bring up a valid point regarding unsprung weight, tires and wheels.

We do sometimes see folks initially get unsprung weight reduction by buying lightweight wheels only to put substantially wider and heavier than stock tires on. And sure you get better than stock grip. But you lose some of the unsprung weight advantages (better acceleration, braking) those lightweight wheels potentially bring.

Like anything else, mods sometimes have some tradeoffs.
Sponsored