askro

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V & 2017 Type R-00606
Country flag
Have not a clue what happened, was driving in 6th at like 2800 rpm steady and boom something blew out of the block. Waiting for tow to dealership now and will find out what happened later I suppose. No logs or nothing as the car is stock with just coil packs and an intake... no clue what the issue was but the car is “pre-owned certified” so I better be getting this covered.

No boost was involved.
Sponsored

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
That is nuts. Sounds like the previous owner probably did some crazy tuning and the CPO process didn't catch it. It's usually a pretty lazy process...

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Any chance there is a long trail of oil behind you in that photo? There is not very much on the ground.

OP
OP
askro

askro

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V & 2017 Type R-00606
Country flag
What’s your mileage? I wonder if the first owner had tuned it in a sketchy way. A frequent user of anti-lag would have dramatically weakened the internals, for example.
Almost 19,000 I only put 7500~ miles on the car with limited spirited driving... with the such short gearing it is an easy car to baby so I just don’t understand

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
any recent maintenance/repair done? possibility of oil leak/light on that you didnt notice? very weird. intrested to see the outcome. for a major internal failure like that it must have had a lingering issue..... goodluck!

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Why does the engine have aftermarket coil packs?
And injen air intake, aftermarket headlights and tails all around. Not that the lights matter, BUT it looks modded to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is lot more stuff. Those Coil pack wires also look suspicious as previous comment pointed out.

Unless you did these mods?