Bligity

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic n/a
Country flag
So I have a 10th gen civic lx 2.0 n/a. A few months ago I had it tuned with K Tuner and had a short ram intake (made it slower but I didnt realize it till I switch to stock air box and kn filter) and raced a bone stock ep3 si and barely beat them by a car length. Since then I have flashed my car back to stock and sold the K Tuner to someone else. Recently I raced 2 honda accords, one was a White regular 1.5 (I think) 10th gen and the other one was a dark grey/green sport for sure. I was pulling on the accord sport I am not sure if either of them were stock or had mods but my car was stock... maybe because mine only weighs under 2,700 pounds with some weight reduciton? Im not heavy at all either so driver mod + lol. With the tune I was making about 170 hp, N/A and octane booster. Are civics better than accords?
Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Are Civics better than Accords?"
That is an extremely vague question to ask. Better is highly subjective. As someone who daily drives a modified Civic hatchback and also has an Accord, I would be happy to answer some more specific questions.

"Which car is faster?"
Comparing my 2018 Civic hatchback 1.5T EX-L TUNED AND MODIFIED to a mostly stock (K&N Air filter, Mishimoto catch-can) 2018 Accord 1.5T EX-L is not quite fair. But between the numbers and butt-dyno, stock vs stock I think the Civic has a lot more grunt down low than the Accord does, but the Accord has a little better top-end. With that being said, neither car is fun to drive stock tune, especially the Accord with it's artificial turbo lag. Even my father, who's driven both stock couple hundred miles each, has noted that the Civic is peppier stock than the Accord is. I quote my father saying, "Stock, the Civic is quick. Tuned, the Civic turns into a rocket ship."
Note: I figure if you tune the Accord and run Phearable's Stage 3 Accord 1.5T tune, it might edge my Phearable's Stage 1.5R non-Si Civic tune out up top. 248whp and 299wtq Accord vs 227whp and 275wtq Civic, but I do not know this to be fact.

"Which car is nicer?"
EX-L Civic vs EX-L Accord, it's no competition. Civic is a nice driver-centric car, while the Accord overall is nicer. It is more refined, smoother, quieter, friendlier to drive than my Civic is. Has more amenities and nicer interior overall, but the Civic is still nice. Civic is sporty while the Accord is more luxury-like.

"Which car gets better MPG?"
Depends, but they are very close. Even tuned I can still hit 40mpg in the Civic no problem, and the Accord does similar. When we bought my mom's Accord, my dad and I drove the two cars back and both cars averaged within a few 10ths of the other, with the Civic tuned and the Accord not.

"Which car is bigger?"
Should be self explanatory, as the Civic is supposed to be the entry level / economy car while the Accord is the more upper class / nicer car, but it also depends. I can lay my 2nd row seats back and fit large screen TVs, tons of tires, and lots more. People 6ft 2in or less fit no problem in the 2nd row (considering I am 5'5). The Accord technically has more back-seat room and more leg room up front.

Hope this might answer your question!

Last edited: