Random Error codes flashing and going away one after the other while I upload my Hondata Settings

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I followed Hondata's Youtube video on how to enable anti lag and set your own launch rpm using the flashpro manager from one's laptop and after I clicked the upload arrow random errors started flashing in and out. Is this normal? Does this happen every time a Hondata tune is uploaded? Should I be concerned cuz I am silently panicking!

this is the video from hondata:

this is my dash rn:

Honda Civic 10th gen Random Error codes flashing and going away one after the other while I upload my Hondata Settings 153969401_191982159390221_1995463131828046325_n
Sponsored

OP
OP
psalm1

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I followed Hondata's Youtube video on how to enable anti lag and set your own launch rpm using the flashpro manager from one's laptop and after I clicked the upload arrow random errors started flashing in and out. Is this normal? Does this happen every time a Hondata tune is uploaded? Should I be concerned cuz I am silently panicking!

this is the video from hondata:

this is my dash rn:

153969401_191982159390221_1995463131828046325_n.jpg
UPDATE:
The upload finished and all the error codes disappeared then when I test drove the engine started lagging hard and the engine would make weird pops and act like it was in limp mode then after about 5 mins of normal driving it got better and drove like normal. Is this normal? anyone else had a similar experience with Hondata?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes, itā€™s normal to have the errors. Iā€™d recommend staying away from antilag on a stock motor though, if you try using it in a spot where the turbo doesnā€™t rapidly spool up anyways (high load, low rpm) you will bend a rod and destroy your engine (or more if an oil fire starts). Itā€™s pretty useless for anything but a quick kick back where the turbo spools fast anyways and noises in neutral.

The initial crappiness sounds like you uploaded the wrong basemap, probably something for another intake or fuel system. What mods do you have?

OP
OP
psalm1

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, itā€™s normal to have the errors. Iā€™d recommend staying away from antilag on a stock motor though, if you try using it in a spot where the turbo doesnā€™t rapidly spool up anyways (high load, low rpm) you will bend a rod and destroy your engine (or more if an oil fire starts). Itā€™s pretty useless for anything but a quick kick back where the turbo spools fast anyways and noises in neutral.

The initial crappiness sounds like you uploaded the wrong basemap, probably something for another intake or fuel system. What mods do you have?
I don't actually plan on using the anti lag anyway I just wanted to set a different rpm limit when launching. Is the antilag that crackle noise I hear when I rev at idle? Based on Hondata I thought it only activates when holding down the cancel button? Which I didn't do. I think you may be right on the fuel map thing as when I tried uploading the 1st time a window popped saying I don't have the fuel mod enabled for my flashpro. As for mods I have these on rn with a custom tune.

- HKS Intercooler
- HKS Oil cooler (using HKS Super Turbo Racing 5W40)
- HKS Blow off valve ( SUPER SQV IV)
- HKS Racing suction kit
- HKS Hi-Power Spec LII exhaust
- PRL Downpipe
- Hondata Flash Pro (Custom Tune)
- Cusco strut bar

Power as of now (dynojet)
382 whp at the front wheels
387 lb-ft at the front wheels

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Iā€™m confused. You have a custom tune? Is it unlocked and youā€™re just modifying it? You canā€™t just change some settings and press upload on a new calibration, that wipes out everything your tuner did.

OP
OP
psalm1

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag

I'm assuming it's safe to use the launch limiter function? I don't plan on using the antilag or full throttle shift. Does this mess with the custom tune already set?

OP
OP
psalm1

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Iā€™m confused. You have a custom tune? Is it unlocked and youā€™re just modifying it? You canā€™t just change some settings and press upload on a new calibration, that wipes out everything your tuner did.
So it defaults back to factory tune?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The ā€˜launch limiterā€™ function isnā€™t really meant for launching, itā€™s meant to protect from owners dumping the clutch. Itā€™s a factory feature that is set at 3500rpm normally.

Iā€™m pretty sure you just went and overwrote your custom tune. When youā€™re custom tuned there isnā€™t really anything for you to change unless they leave it unlocked, which almost no one does.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So it defaults back to factory tune?
There is one overall calibration that gets uploaded. You canā€™t change anything without uploading the whole thing. If you press new calibration, pick a map, and upload it that will completely wipe out everything your tuner has done.

You need to contact your tuner to make these changes, and you need to reupload the map they gave you ASAP because your R is not running right whatsoever.

OP
OP
psalm1

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
The ā€˜launch limiterā€™ function isnā€™t really meant for launching, itā€™s meant to protect from owners dumping the clutch.

Iā€™m pretty sure you just went and overwrote your custom tune. When youā€™re custom tuned there isnā€™t really anything for you to change unless they leave it unlocked, which almost no one does.
Ok thank you so much for the clarification dude. I'll ask him to retune it back.

OP
OP
psalm1

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
There is one overall calibration that gets uploaded. You canā€™t change anything without uploading the whole thing. If you press new calibration, pick a map, and upload it that will completely wipe out everything your tuner has done.

You need to contact your tuner to make these changes, and you need to reupload the map they gave you ASAP because your R is not running right whatsoever.
I test drove it and after a while it ran normally as it did before I did the launch upload? What does that mean?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I test drove it and after a while it ran normally as it did before I did the launch upload? What does that mean?
Thereā€™s a system called ā€˜closed loopā€™ that adjusts for inconsistencies in airflow metering. It will learn within a few minutes but itā€™s far from ideal. Rs need to be within 2% trim average or things go silently haywire at wide open throttle.

OP
OP
psalm1

psalm1

First Name
Psalm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thereā€™s a system called ā€˜closed loopā€™ that adjusts for inconsistencies in airflow metering. It will learn within a few minutes but itā€™s far from ideal. Rs need to be within 2% trim average or things go silently haywire at wide open throttle.
Is it safe to drive it to my tuner as long as I stay at low rpms? And is there a preset Hondata tune to upload temporarily to make it drive normally for a short trip to my tuner's shop?

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is it safe to drive it to my tuner as long as I stay at low rpms? And is there a preset Hondata tune to upload temporarily to make it drive normally for a short trip to my tuner's shop?
Yeah, usually laying off the boost is safe when shit is acting up. Your tuner should be able to just email you the file though. Should just keep a copy on your computer.
Sponsored