Random CTR Chat

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My goodness has the NSX ever bombed for Honda.
serious question, how many $150k+ super cars do other car brands sell a month? What was your expectation of them? How many are they even making?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
serious question, how many $150k+ super cars do other car brands sell a month? What was your expectation of them? How many are they even making?

This is why I really really hope they can bring the new S2000 to market well under $50k, and possibly under $40k.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That would be awesome but realistically with the type r at 35 I don't see an s happening for less than 45. Sucks, would gladly trade up to a new s2k
yes, I feel like Honda gave us a $35k Type R with the full intent of any S2000/Prelude redo coming in above that. With the Accord coupe gone and only a coupe civic available, I could see a Prelude filling that market. I feel like and S2000 is less likely.

drtye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5 FK8
Country flag
Sad but true. Not even interested in a prelude any more. So would have to be an s2k at or under under 40

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Believe it or not Porsche will sell more 911's in a month than Acura will sell NSX's in an entire year. Even a nine year old GTR will outsell the NSX and while it's not a $150k car it's now well over $100k. There are plenty for sale all over North America because they aren't moving.

Another interesting note about the sales is that the Civic is on pace to outsell the Accord. When's the last time that's happened in the US (Civic is always the top seller in Canada)?

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
That's because the current Accord is dated. the 2018 model will spike the sale figures once again.
Going back to 2002 the Accord has outsold the Civic annually and it looks like that ended in 2016 when the Civic outsold the Accord for the first time. It appears it's going to happen again in 2017. I expect an all new Accord may reclaim that next year but it does appear that the full size sedan market is losing market share to SUV's.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going back to 2002 the Accord has outsold the Civic annually and it looks like that ended in 2016 when the Civic outsold the Accord for the first time. It appears it's going to happen again in 2017. I expect an all new Accord may reclaim that next year but it does appear that the full size sedan market is losing market share to SUV's.
Part is the Accord is dated but, Ill say this as I had a 14 Accord Sport, The civic, while still smaller than the accord is a fairly large car these days. I can drive around my wife kid and mom quite comfortably. For a family of 4 that may be looking for a new car, they can save some decent money by being in a civic. As my mom said, the a loaded civic sits in price squarely where the Accord used to sit 10 years ago and can fill the need of a small family very easily, and gets killer gas mileage.

Also, I fully expect the Accord to surpass the civic again when the 10th gen goes on sale.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Definitely true the Accord has grown. Had a '98 Accord then switched to a TSX in '04 as it was a better size for us than the new North American Accord which had grown. Acura brought in the European/Asian Honda Accord model as a TSX in '04. Still have it and love it as light weight family car.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
yes, I feel like Honda gave us a $35k Type R with the full intent of any S2000/Prelude redo coming in above that. With the Accord coupe gone and only a coupe civic available, I could see a Prelude filling that market. I feel like and S2000 is less likely.
i would get it the prelude .. I owned 6 preludes and i wish they bring it back

Concept_cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 civic lx sedan
hey guys, so I don't have a CTR yet. But in order to do so I will have to convince my wife that our daughter will fit in the back seat. I'm currently in an 8th gen lx sedan (which is a tight fit for the recaro infant seat), and while I know that the rear room has increased numbers alone wont convince her. Is anyone else using this as a dad mobile with rear facing seats? my wife and I are 6' and 6'1 respectively but any commentary/ pictures will be helpful HAHA!

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
hey guys, so I don't have a CTR yet. But in order to do so I will have to convince my wife that our daughter will fit in the back seat. I'm currently in an 8th gen lx sedan (which is a tight fit for the recaro infant seat), and while I know that the rear room has increased numbers alone wont convince her. Is anyone else using this as a dad mobile with rear facing seats? my wife and I are 6' and 6'1 respectively but any commentary/ pictures will be helpful HAHA!
my car hasnt arrived yet but my 9 months old will be my copilot
Sponsored