Random CTR Chat

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
http://www.autonews.com/article/20170731/OEM04/170739981/honda-prepares-for-electrifying-lineup

Civic:
After a strong 2016, Civic sales have cooled for 2017 though fresh models keep rolling into dealerships, such as the Si and long-awaited Type R. Variants of the Type R are coming but likely not until the 2019 or 2020 model years; they'll include a more powerful track-focused model and a more mainstream version that could offer an alternative to the six-speed manual transmission. A hybrid or plug-in hybrid Civic is expected in 2018 or 2019 based on Honda's promise to introduce such versions of its core models. A freshened base Civic should arrive for the 2019 model year.

untitled.png
If this is true and they plan on producing the CTR for the entire life cycle for the 10th gen. I might just wait until I can walk in and pay MSRP or possibly lower.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If this is true and they plan on producing the CTR for the entire life cycle for the 10th gen. I might just wait until I can walk in and pay MSRP or possibly lower.
yep, sounds like you can still get a Civic with its submodels (SI, EX, EXT, LX) and then Type R Civic with submodels (Entry level, mid level and Touring). So sure the 2017 is limited run, but the Type R itself isn't.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Someone in cali please lend your typeR to BorlaExhaust
I second this! If you are anywhere in So Cal do not hesitate to do this. Alvin at Borla is a great person to work with, they will provide you with a Free Rental and also a free exhaust. When the new Gen Accord was first introduced I took it to them and everything work out well.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
Someone in cali please lend your typeR to BorlaExhaust
I second this! If you are anywhere in So Cal do not hesitate to do this. Alvin at Borla is a great person to work with, they will provide you with a Free Rental and also a free exhaust. When the new Gen Accord was first introduced I took it to them and everything work out well.
Where are they? Any idea how long they'll need it for? I might be interested, but i'd have to know what they're wanting to do. I've never heard of BorlaExhaust.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Where are they? Any idea how long they'll need it for? I might be interested, but i'd have to know what they're wanting to do. I've never heard of BorlaExhaust.
Borla is huge not only in the domestic market but also import. They are located in Oxnard, CA. They will need it for 5 days to design and install. Trust me, you won't regret it.

I'm not sure if they are still looking for a CTR but here is Alvin's email address for anyone interested:

[email protected]

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
Borla is huge not only in the domestic market but also import. They are located in Oxnard, CA. They will need it for 5 days to design and install. Trust me, you won't regret it.

I'm not sure if they are still looking for a CTR but here is Alvin's email address for anyone interested:

[email protected]
Someone in cali please do this. The CTR is extremely quiet

shutupish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Country flag
So i have almost 4k miles and my car is making some weird noise. And i got my second nail in my tire sidewall of course

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Does anyone have Geico Insurance?

Why is the CTR not in their system yet? When will it be?
Car is too new. They just consider it a 2017 Civic Touring with MSRP of $34,000. It won't recognize the VIN so they have to modify the quote manually when you call.

My premium increased about $70 for 6 months when I replaced a 2016 Accord with the CTR.
As time goes on, will it increase even more?
I don't think it will go up by much, if any. In the past my premium did decrease a little as my car aged and became less valuable (along with no tickets or insurance claims). I assume that they value the CTR at MSRP for now and that will decrease in the future just like any car. But maybe a bit slower for the CTR.

If it were totaled I suspect they would they would try to write a check for $34k and I would try to negotiate it higher. If their maximum payout on the car is $34k then there would be no reason to increase rates, but there is greater chance of the car being totaled in a crash.

Remember that the value of the car is a small proportion of their total liability in case of a crash. Personal injury + property damage is huge. An injury in a crash could easily cost them as much as 2-3CTRs.
Insured my CTR with Gieco on 7/19. It increased my monthly payment by $60. All you need is the vin# to insure the car.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
It's insane how much attention this car generates; I can't go a day driving it without people honking and giving a thumbs up, taking photos, or just coming up to me to chat about it. Surprised no one tried to race me yet, not that I would since I usually have my wife and son in the car:rolleyes:

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag

[email protected]

Ah. Bummer. I'm pretty far from Oxnard (like 3h30m south).

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Finally got the insurance confirmation from Allstate. Swapping it for a 2016 Accord is going to save me 8 dollars a month. I'll take it!

Edit - forgot to mention a C7 Corvette was trying to get me to race him from a red light this morning...proceeded to mostly ignore him, just happened to keep up with him slightly after he merged left into my lane. Must have really wanted some attention because he sped up, then proceeeded to pass a car in front of us in a double yellow zone...sorry guy still not interested.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went ahead and sent them an email. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

96A80

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '99 Civic Si EBP, '07 S2000, '12 Silverado Z71. Past: '96 Supra Turbo (sold), '08 Mugen Si (sold), '04 S2000 (sold)
Gave up my search for a Type R for MSRP/under $38k.
All the dealers around the southeast have em marked up beyond $40k or are not getting a second/third one.

I found an all stock '07 AP2 with 15k Miles for $20k so I'm gonna snag it instead.
Been great hunting for one but it's been a goddamn shitstorm.
Sponsored