First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone,
I recently moved back up to college after purchasing a 2017 Hatchback Sport over the summer. I go to college in Maine, and what I have found out is that Maine has LOADS of rocks and gravel and everything that could possibly damage my paint. I have already repaired about a dozen chips in the sides and hood of my car, and I notice more everyday. I was thinking about purchasing Rally armor mudflaps, but they are kinda pricey. Has anyone had this problem and found a different solution, or has anyone gotten these mudflaps? Would I be able to install these on my own at college? ( I have a small toolkit)
thanks.
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,
I recently moved back up to college after purchasing a 2017 Hatchback Sport over the summer. I go to college in Maine, and what I have found out is that Maine has LOADS of rocks and gravel and everything that could possibly damage my paint. I have already repaired about a dozen chips in the sides and hood of my car, and I notice more everyday. I was thinking about purchasing Rally armor mudflaps, but they are kinda pricey. Has anyone had this problem and found a different solution, or has anyone gotten these mudflaps? Would I be able to install these on my own at college? ( I have a small toolkit)
thanks.
1000000% worth it, best flaps on the market. Install takes a philips head, 1/2" wrench and a pair of scissors

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1000000% worth it, best flaps on the market. Install takes a philips head, 1/2" wrench and a pair of scissors
Whats they chance that they scrape at all?

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine have never scraped man, but they aren't very low. I don't think even if you slammed the car they would scrape, they sit fairly high up.
Good to hear cuz im stupidly paranoid even at the stock height. Also what wheels do you have on those theyre super nice

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are AVID1 AV06 18x8.5 +35 thank you, I love them too!
How well are they working for you cuz i've been planning on getting some now but I've been getting mixed reviews

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
How well are they working for you cuz i've been planning on getting some now but I've been getting mixed reviews
I also use RallyArmor mudflaps on my Civic Sport Sedan, since I had all the spoilers installed and the splash guards don't refit well.. they are perfect.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only seen good reviews. You can't expect them to be insanely high quality for the price, these are the cheapest good looking wheels out there. You want to spend 1600 for peace of mind go ahead but I think the quality is actually pretty good for the price and I read on other car forums people have run them "on every car they've had for the last 10 years" etc.

What do you mean by mixed, I'm not sure where there could really be an issue. They're heavy so they're not going to bend easily, the Type R rims are weaker than these for sure.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Coming from the subie world rally armor are the best. I got a set for my type r

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only seen good reviews. You can't expect them to be insanely high quality for the price, these are the cheapest good looking wheels out there. You want to spend 1600 for peace of mind go ahead but I think the quality is actually pretty good for the price and I read on other car forums people have run them "on every car they've had for the last 10 years" etc.

What do you mean by mixed, I'm not sure where there could really be an issue. They're heavy so they're not going to bend easily, the Type R rims are weaker than these for sure.
Most of the bad reviews i saw were people who called them knock offs and other stuff like that. I just wanted to get some definite from someone who has them.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of the bad reviews i saw were people who called them knock offs and other stuff like that. I just wanted to get some definite from someone who has them.

The style is technically knock off of like TE37's... But I would say "replica" as they aren't trying to BE the original, just look the same for a lot less.

Girlfriend got the AV20's and they are super nice as well. One thing, the hyper black they have is more like grey/gunmetal. Do not let the pictures fool you. Someone with the same color stated the same opinion on it. Wheels themselves are very very nice though.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I always thought they looked off on a sedan (as opposed to the hatch). Your addon rear spats definitely help. Might have to think about when I go HFP sides.
Sponsored