Rally Armor Mudflaps for Hatchbacks (Finally!)

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! Glad these are finally for sale! Just copped red flaps with the black logo!

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
The universal rally armor mudflaps are only $25 on Amazon. As far as I can tell, these mudflaps are pre-drilled and come with mounting hardware. Am I missing something else? Trying to decide if the extra $130 for these mudflaps are really worth it.

Nexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now the ultimate dilemma once spring rolls around install the universal mud flaps I already have the way others have done it, or try and copy that mounting bracket solution.

--edit--
If folks here that order the set want to take measurements of the bracket and parts which unfortunately isn't listed on the product page, or installation instructions that would be a big help with deciding how to get around spending another $100+ to get a good mounting of the flaps

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The universal rally armor mudflaps are only $25 on Amazon. As far as I can tell, these mudflaps are pre-drilled and come with mounting hardware. Am I missing something else? Trying to decide if the extra $130 for these mudflaps are really worth it.
I think those are the non- polyurethane ones, basically the basic flaps that may need replacing every few months. I'd rather pay more for better quality, myself.

chill_asi4n

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CIvic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go for the fitted ones. The Universals were an absolute pain to install. I think the worse part was drilling the holes rather mounting them and measuring them. Not only that, Rally Armor won't supply the hardware for universals unless you buy the kit itself so you have to supply hardware yourself.

Most of the hardware can be found at AutoZone, but the fitted ones are the way to go because the hard part is done, all you have to do is mount them. And the hard part is done, removing the rear tires is the only tires you really have to remove.

gdepgefk3387

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 Sport MT, GE8 Base
Country flag
I think those are the non- polyurethane ones, basically the basic flaps that may need replacing every few months. I'd rather pay more for better quality, myself.
That is correct. They are the harder ones that will bend/break. Basically trash.

gdepgefk3387

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 Sport MT, GE8 Base
Country flag
If you want easy, get the new kit (looks good). If you want to be able to take them with you to your next car, get the universals. I’m on my 3rd car with one set. Makes the price tag easy to deal with in that light.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Got a set coming tomorrow! Will install them this weekend and post pics
Sponsored