Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
Slight annoyance, I know a number of people have had issues or were unhappy with their rain-sensing wipers not detecting moisture correctly. Mine have been good for the most part, but in the mornings it struggles to sense moisture correctly with the morning dew. There are times during the first few minutes of the drive until it dries off that they swipe way too fast. I'd prefer to just leave them on. When it does rain, I think they work quite well and are fairly quick to adapt to different levels of rain.

Does anyone else share this frustration with morning dew/moisture? Any tips?
Sponsored

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Slight annoyance, I know a number of people have had issues or were unhappy with their rain-sensing wipers not detecting moisture correctly. Mine have been good for the most part, but in the mornings it struggles to sense moisture correctly with the morning dew. There are times during the first few minutes of the drive until it dries off that they swipe way too fast. I'd prefer to just leave them on. When it does rain, I think they work quite well and are fairly quick to adapt to different levels of rain.

Does anyone else share this frustration with morning dew/moisture? Any tips?
Rain sensing on mine are horrible. Had to run to the bank this morning and it was drizzling and the wipers were going full speed. Brought it to the dealer and they told me they can't recreate it because both times I brought it it wasn't raining. Same thing with moisture they won't go at all or they will go like crazy.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Is this the first Honda to have rain sensing wipers?

OP
OP
Billy4202

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
Is this the first Honda to have rain sensing wipers?
Don't quote me on this, but I think 2016 was the first year for Hondas? They've been in Acuras for a bit though.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I found that adjusting the rheostat greatly adjusts the temperament of the wipers. I find that the rain sensing wipers are an option I would never get even if it is free. Since I have the touring I'm stuck with it. I prefer to operate my wipers manually. .

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Could you swap out the control arm or does it have controls for other stuff specific to the touring?

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Unfortunately, they are all like that. The car manufacturers try to automate something that has way too many variables and one person's preference is different than another's when it comes to when they would like the windshield cleaned. If I'm not mistaken, the sensor picks up the tiny vibrations of the rain drops hitting the windshield and this then triggers the wiper arm to move. The sensitivity can be adjusted using the stock to tailor it to your personal preference, but it is not perfect and the sensors can be fooled. I have similar issues with the rain sensing wipers on my BMW, Audi and Porsche. I mostly resort to using the manual control until the rain is heavy enough then I turn on the low or high speed wipe on the stock.
Sponsored