Ragging on other cars...

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I went for a drive this morning and had a Mini Cooper Clubman join me in a little stoplight to stoplight fun. Nothing F&F. Just a little more assertiveness than usual but nothing dangerous and endangering others... The Mini driver and I were cool and just checking each others cars. At one point, I actually wanted to buy a Mini but the interior was (to me) more style than actual practical substance. At one stoplight, I pulled away but then backed off and he catches up and passes me... We have a few yards before he next light so I'm behind him and then I notice the weirdest thing: His taillights don't light up when he brakes. There's a separate set of brake lights on the bumper that lights up. I'm thinking what a weird design. Not only did Mini have to add a second set of brake lights but they ruined the aesthetics and take away any practical or logical use of a set of lights that should/could act as brake lights. It's a dumb design decision, IMO. And it further reminded me of why I didn't buy a Mini.

In the pic below the lights are on because the headlights are on. But they don't light up when you brake. And in the day the tail lamps remain darkened like they're busted. Dumb and illogical design, IMO.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ragging on other cars... q06dw8nl

Here's a video showing the rear lights operations:

Sponsored

SH@UN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really wanted a new Fiat 500 at one point, but the closest dealer was 70 miles away, and don't do that just in case of warranty work. The Mini really isn't my cup of tea. It's okay, but the original was way better looking. Same with the Beetle. Most cars nowadays are built pretty reliable, so it's mostly about what style you want or need anyway.

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
I had two MINI Cooper S, '03 and '07. Like every other manufacturer that came to America, each generation got bigger. It could be a European regulation, my second car had a switch for turning on the lower red lights, but they were not brake lights, more for fog.
Sponsored