Vehicle Showcase
People with good hearing will have a hard time. lmao
Sponsored

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
No, people just spend way too much time obsessing over the stereo system. Just put it on some tunes and drive. Some people only care if they have a phone/computer on 4 wheels though.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
LX... cars are different things to different people. I'm mostly into performance and driving but nice quality sound isn't a bad thing once in a while. :)

I wasn't dissing anyone for owning an LX by any means. What sucks is the Sport Hatch will probably be 23K or something and comes with the base stereo. That's all I meant.

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
LX... cars are different things to different people. I'm mostly into performance and driving but nice quality sound isn't a bad thing once in a while. :)

I wasn't dissing anyone for owning an LX by any means. What sucks is the Sport Hatch will probably be 23K or something and comes with the base stereo. That's all I meant.
I took no offense whatsoever. People are free to like what they like. Doesn't phase me either way. It just cracks me up to see some people's posts talking about how they couldn't live without some of this stereo tech, and comments like that. I mean, it's a car, you dont live in it. I guess I'm in the minority though, because I think the stock stereo sounds pretty good. I did change my door speakers over to some 8 ohm coaxials, but it didn't make it crazily better, I just did it for a clearer/crisper sound when on a call. Worked like a charm.

mpdescha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mazda Protege5

I agree 100%. For the price they are sure to offer the Sport Hatch they could at least give it a somewhat premium sound system. Not the base model's. It's a cop out.

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
I think if they need to change anything on the HB, it needs to be the bumpers. Hideous. Sorry, back to topic.

sword007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016
cosmic blue civic---changed out factory speaker using Pyle components and Lanzar tweeters kept the factory head unit. Yeah, people say that Pyle/Lanzar is low end; however, my civic pounds tight bass, no rattle, and with crisp highs. Used Noico rubber and foam for door, trunk, and read deck lid. I did not get the touring because when I tested the stereo at the dealer I had to get out of the car, open the trunk to see if the sub was in there. It was, so I decided to get the EXT model. I cut out the hole an put in an 8 in sub - free air. Bought the deck panel for the touring model - it uses the same prong location as the EXT deck lid. If you are going to put a 8in sub there - the air pressure has to go somewhere or you will have the mega vibration and rattle. I removed the white sound material out of the old deck lid and added that to my touring deck lid. put foam around the rear window. I am using a Lanzar 8 channel 5000 watt amp. ch1-FL-150watts, ch2-FR-150 watts, ch3-RL-150watts, ch4-RR-150 watts, ch5&6 bridged to 8in @ 2ohms free air 300watts, ch7&8 bridged to 10in sealed @2ohms 500watts. Still looks factory from the inside. At level 20 it is just as loud as factory at 40 but with tight bass and clear highs. Because of the sound deadening and Noico matting the car, you slightly hear it outside the car. It is just a car. However, since I am paying for it. I am going to enjoy it how I want to enjoy it.

Last edited:

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
I am new to the Civic world. As much I love this car (EX-T) the sound system is terrible. Am I missing something????
You should hear the sound system in our 2014 Civic EX. It makes the system in our '16 EX-T sound like it uses Klipsch P-39F in the doors. Horrible. The '16 blows it away by comparison. One of my first impressions of our '16 was, oh, the stereo is so much improved. A 1980s boom box left on the sea floor for 5 years sounds better than the stock 9th Gen EX system.

I think if they need to change anything on the HB, it needs to be the bumpers. Hideous. Sorry, back to topic.
I thought those black things on the rear bumper were speakers. Or missile defense radar arrays.

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Sound Radar_RAF_Fylingdales

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Rallye Red Touring
Country flag
i got the Touring so I have the 450 watt 10 speaker system.

I got the bass at -4
Treble at 7
mids at 6
Subwoofer at -6
I have the speed volume on Medium
I listen to it at Volume 23 and it sounds great and just enough bass (although id like more but if i put it up the "Honda Rattle" comes alive) lol

DRUGGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Odyssey
Country flag
I have a Touring also and the FM radio sounds really terrible (echoy/ tinny) compared to the XM radio or music played off my iPhone. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to change my settings? I think my 2001 Carolla radio sounded better and that had four speakers. I may have to go to the dealer and have them check it out.
Sponsored