Radio Screen Glitches

civicMAL

First Name
Macie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Hello! My radio screen has been staying on after I’ve turned my car off, and it will randomly reboot in the middle of driving or even freeze for over 5 mins.. I’m not sure what the problem is!! I did install a sub, but this has been going on way before that..
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Try pulling the radio fuses out for 5 minutes. Fuses #19 and #20 in the engine compartment fuse box.

OP
OP

civicMAL

First Name
Macie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I don’t have the 20 fuse.. the one for my audio amp, is that normal??

OP
OP

civicMAL

First Name
Macie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
It has the 20 fuse, I’m saying it’s just missing from mine.. like it’s not in there!

Eddie_lu

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
I've had this happen to me once in a while and it just rebooted during the drive and everything's fine. Not sure what's happening but looking for an answer too. I do have a wireless apple carplay adapter for it.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Mine on my CTR has been doing this literally since day 1 of driving the car home. Same other symptoms like you, plus it’s random and when it boots back up, no audio, GPS is skewed bad and the time is off. Dealer said Honda won’t replace it because they’re aware and working on a fix (ok….). So I went with an aftermarket Joying unit. Others have had the radio replaced and it didn’t fix it. It’s crazy because I had a 2019 and a 2020 Si and not once had these issues.