Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Have 2018 Si. Wonder if there is a way to have the radio on while engine is off.
Sponsored

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Have 2018 Si. Wonder if there is a way to have the radio on while engine is off.
Without holding in the clutch, press the start button twice. Not fast, but like press it, wait a second, then press it again. It will turn on the car and all accessories without actually starting the car. Fair warning, doing this will drain the battery rather quickly. I had the radio on without the car started and after 10 minutes my battery was dead. It's best to just have the car idling if you're going to be listening for a while

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just press the start button once, it will turn on radio without turning on the car or accessories which do indeed kill battery quickly. It will last a long time with just the radio on, i do it all the time if im waiting on people.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
StraitUpFake has it right. I just wish there was a way to turn the car off but keep it in accessory mode like you can if you have a physical key.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Without holding in the clutch, press the start button twice. Not fast, but like press it, wait a second, then press it again. It will turn on the car and all accessories without actually starting the car. Fair warning, doing this will drain the battery rather quickly. I had the radio on without the car started and after 10 minutes my battery was dead. It's best to just have the car idling if you're going to be listening for a while
Thank you for your help. If you fallow this thread, will find out that by pressing only once, will turn on your radio, without any accessories so batterie will not be drained.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Just press the start button once, it will turn on radio without turning on the car or accessories which do indeed kill battery quickly. It will last a long time with just the radio on, i do it all the time if im waiting on people.
Thanks! This should be in the manual (or it may be..)

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Thank you for your help. If you fallow this thread, will find out that by pressing only once, will turn on your radio, without any accessories so batterie will not be drained.
Yeah I just learned that because of this thread. This is the first car I've had with push buttons start so I'm still not 100% sure how everything works, but that is good info to have

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have three push button start cars and they all work the same way. So yeah, one press is for the radio, two presses will allow you to roll up or down windows (and will drain battery quickly) and three presses will eject you out of the sunroof.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
I have three push button start cars and they all work the same way. So yeah, one press is for the radio, two presses will allow you to roll up or down windows (and will drain battery quickly) and three presses will eject you out of the sunroof.
Very useful, and thanks. Now, is a way to eject just the passenger???:)

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Our 2021 Honda Passport is the opposite. Turn the car off and the radio stays on for 30 minutes until you open the door.

OP
OP
Temesvar

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
Prefer that option. Thx

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
While you're in the one press radio only mode, if you press the HVAC on/off button it will start the HVAC system so you can get fresh air. Useful if it's raining outside or some other reason you want to keep your windows shut.

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you don’t have this button? I do:p
CAC1DC3C-90A6-43F5-9BFD-0974B03E2EED.jpeg
Hmmm it seems my civic had the eject seat button placed in a different spot with different wording? Weird...

Honda Civic 10th gen radio on with engine off. 20200325_205426
Sponsored