ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I have my front door speakers upgraded and my sub.
I was driving to work, vol at 30 listening to some old school rap enjoying my new found bass. After a few minutes the sound died but the HU is on. Any suggestions where to start troubleshooting? The system was working fine since the speaker upgrades and no crackles or pops heard.
Any help is appreciated.
2019 CTR
Hertz 6.5 components
Skar 8.5 4ohm DVC sub wired to 2ohms

Edit: I turned car off and on again and the sound came back :what:
Sponsored

Last edited:

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was driving to work, vol at 30 listening to some old school rap enjoying my new found bass. After a few minutes the sound died but the HU is on. Any suggestions where to start troubleshooting? The system was working fine since the speaker upgrades and no crackles or pops heard.
Any help is appreciated.
2019 CTR
Hertz 6.5 components

Radio can bug out, i've had my head unit completely restart while driving. It also can sometimes cut audio.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
had the same happen to my 19 HB sport. Stock system, just restarted car and it came back.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
^this^... but your stock amp could have shut itself off due to overheating also.

I'd be curious if the same song at the same volume would make it happen again. Then... I'd be curious if the same song at a lower volume would make it happen again.

Then... etc... with the kick panel removed... etc...

And then listening to Phil Collins at the same volume... etc.

Just wondering if your new and more efficient sub is allowing you to run a higher volume.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Also, does the 2019 CTR have Premium sound? Maybe the amp has a separate fuse from HU.

Bru87tr

If it happens again check speakers if they are grounding on the metal opening. I installed some skar speakers. No sound, found the speaker connections/board was a bit large and just touched the metal opening grouding out. It was intermitent at first.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Any help is appreciated.
2019 CTR
Hertz 6.5 components

The Amps have OVERLOAD/OVERHEAT protection.
You had it cranked all the way up.
I suspect the 2 ohm Sub Amp overheated, and it temporarily shut the AMP down.

I am not surprised it shut down if you had the volume up to max (30) for any length of time, playing RAP. :eek:
What does surprises me is why you need to be at 30.:spaz:

Maybe your next mod should be a 2000W amp &
Honda Civic 10th gen Radio on no sound door-speakers

You might want to see if it is the SUB amp shutting down the head Unit, or the new side speakers.
Try again, same "Music", but with the sub turned down to MIN. If it still shuts off, it's probably not the 2 ohm Sub Channel.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
This happened to me before, it drove me nuts, check your connection to the speakers, if they are loose or something they kill all sound from the car. I remember i got frustrated and hit my driver speaker and all sound came back on, I then removed the panels and check all the connections making sure they are secure and so far so good.