Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of...

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Hi everyone!

(FINISHED CAR AT POST #80!)

Dunno if anyone else is into RC cars. I was looking for an FK8 style RC car and couldn’t find anything but ran into a non licensed body that looks very much like a FK8.

It’s made by Bittydesign and called the HC-F If you look at the hood it has vents vs the hood scoop. The vents look similar to what’s on TCR cars. I picked one up off Amazon but they are available from other vendors. The HC-F fits standard 1/10 scale RC cars with a 260mm wheelbase. There is a shorter wheelbase version called the HC-M that’s 210-225mm wheelbase.

It’s sold as a clear body you paint and has a sticker sheet if you choose to put all the crazy stripes. I’m just doing white with black accents. Comes with window masking sheet.

Amazon even has some red rimmed wheels that look sorta Type R’ish.

http://www.bittydesign.net/en/fwd-hcf-body

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of... FD5DC37C-71BC-4618-8EAD-D1DBFC5516DA

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of... B7545280-8D3B-485F-BAB5-A0F4FB819282

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of... FCD56B1F-5D2F-4087-9A3F-16CE16C0B981

Last edited:

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What a coincidence, I was looking for a new body for my R/C also but couldn't find an actual FK8. I know KYOSHO has their Mini-Z line with the FK8 body and FWD too. My R/C uses 190mm bodies though so I guess this one wouldn't fit my application.

OP
OP
BABY NSX

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
What a coincidence, I was looking for a new body for my R/C also but couldn't find an actual FK8. I know KYOSHO has their Mini-Z line with the FK8 body and FWD too. My R/C uses 190mm bodies though so I guess this one wouldn't fit my application.

Hi! Should work for your chassis. It fits 190mm bodies. See below pic off the link above for this body.

Didn’t know Kyosho had a Mini-z version! And FWD?!?! Very cool! Good to know, thanks! Those Mini-Z cars can be pricey. I think buried in my basement I have a 1/24 FK2 or something I got from a local computer store of all places years ago.

All those numbers confused me so I looked them up a while ago. The 1/10 chassis 190mm or 200mm designation is referring to the body width in millimeters. 190mm is about 7.5 inches. The wheel base is a different number. Most 1/10 cars are 10-10.25 inches so that translates into 254mm-260mm for the wheelbase.

Tamiya makes a couple FWD chassis but you have to be careful as some have smaller wheelbases. I think those are the M05 chassis but I could be wrong. Currently Tamiya only has the M05 as their FWD chassis I think. There is a FF chassis used for I think a FK2 car but I think those are hard to find and pricey.

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of... 46691137-EB4F-4361-9B4F-83C5A23298B9

OP
OP
BABY NSX

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m using an HPI E10 AWD chassis and it fits fine. I think I measured the wheelbase of the body( not the chassis) and it’s 260mm.

From what I saw online the E10 chassis is 255mm so it’ll look ok even off just 5mm.

I think electric RC cars use 190mm bodies and nitro RC cars use 200mm.

The E10 chassis is cool as you get brake calipers and rotors but need paint. Not sure what chassis you are using. The Vaterra V100 chassis has nice red calipers. Not sure who else has calipers from the factory.

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of... B08304DA-99BF-4836-A1E2-6452616D2335

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of... 3DA00044-3817-4DA0-8590-71D26CA63A17

OP
OP
BABY NSX

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry, so many replies...

So check your wheelbase.

What chassis are you using? I was looking at the Kyosho Fazer Mk2 but the wheelbase is 274mm I think. You have to get a couple parts to shorten the chassis.

OP
OP
BABY NSX

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you look at the RC body it’s more close to the TCR car vs the street Type R.

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Control car/ RC FK8 body...sort of... 2018TCR_photo_news_007

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, so many replies...

So check your wheelbase.

What chassis are you using? I was looking at the Kyosho Fazer Mk2 but the wheelbase is 274mm I think. You have to get a couple parts to shorten the chassis.
Thanks for confirming for me. I have a Team Energy X10TC and also a Team Associated TC3. Yeah I agree the KYOSHO Mini-Z is a bit too pricey. FOr the price of one of those I could buy parts for the Type R. But the body I might have to get as an Christmas gift to myself. Glad others on here are into R/C as well.

OP
OP
BABY NSX

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for confirming for me. I have a Team Energy X10TC and also a Team Associated TC3. Yeah I agree the KYOSHO Mini-Z is a bit too pricey. For the price of one of those I could buy parts for the Type R. But the body I might have to get as an Christmas gift to myself. Glad others on here are into R/C as well.
Christmas is always a good excuse to spend a little on yourself! Looks like you have a couple very nice chassis! Can’t find wheelbase info in the Team Energy car but the TC3 chassis at least in nitro form is 257mm so it should work ok but just keeping in mind nitro chassis are 10mm wider.

I don’t know if you already have a Mini-Z or something of that scale but a cheaper alternative is if they eventually make a 1/24 scale plastic model and mount it on an XMODS chassis. Since the Type R is a short wheelbase car it might work without any mods to the chassis. Some longer wheelbase cars like a Plymouth Road Runner needs a longer chassis. I did a Shelby Cobra and the model car body fit perfectly in the chassis I had and the XMODS cars can be found off local Craigslist sometimes and not too expensive. Just have to wait for a model car to come out!

Here’s a link to the Cobra if you are curious.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
I have the Kyosho Mini-Z Fk8 in white. Much like my real car I still haven't taken it out of the box. lol

I love R/C and it's one of those hobbies I get in and out of. I'm an off-road guy and my preferred cars are 1/8 scale nitro buggies. I never got into on-road, but when someone licenses an FK8 body I'll probably get one. I think there is one in the works. I forget by whom.

OP
OP
BABY NSX

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the Kyosho Mini-Z Fk8 in white. Much like my real car I still haven't taken it out of the box. lol

I love R/C and it's one of those hobbies I get in and out of. I'm an off-road guy and my preferred cars are 1/8 scale nitro buggies. I never got into on-road, but when someone licenses an FK8 body I'll probably get one. I think there is one in the works. I forget by whom.
Ooooooo. That would be cool to see a real FK8 street body! Sweet you got the Mini-Z!!!! I’ll have to go online and check one out!

Yeah, see what’s the flavor of the month. Lately I’ve been into the RC stuff due to this body. After this I’m hoping to paint a Challenger body to make a mini version of my’72.

Off road is cool as it give you more options as you don’t always have a smooth road. I find stuff cheap of Craigslist and fix them up. I think I have like 3 T-Maxx trucks to fix up. Sold two older E-Max trucks to fund getting a Redcat Gen 8 Scout. I have a friend that’s really into crawlers so I have some of those. Wheely Kings are fun. I’m not even sure how many RC cars/trucks I have. Some old Tamiya/Kyosho stuff.

But yeah, nice to know there’s another person into RC stuff here!

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I've got my Traxxas Summit, Arrma Typhon 6S and Revo 3.3 in need of a rebuild.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ooooooo. That would be cool to see a real FK8 street body! Sweet you got the Mini-Z!!!! I’ll have to go online and check one out!

Yeah, see what’s the flavor of the month. Lately I’ve been into the RC stuff due to this body. After this I’m hoping to paint a Challenger body to make a mini version of my’72.

Off road is cool as it give you more options as you don’t always have a smooth road. I find stuff cheap of Craigslist and fix them up. I think I have like 3 T-Maxx trucks to fix up. Sold two older E-Max trucks to fund getting a Redcat Gen 8 Scout. I have a friend that’s really into crawlers so I have some of those. Wheely Kings are fun. I’m not even sure how many RC cars/trucks I have. Some old Tamiya/Kyosho stuff.

But yeah, nice to know there’s another person into RC stuff here!
I love my Traxxas TRX-4 for crawling, loved how a brushed motor doesn't "cog" like the brushless.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have any RC at the moment (sorta, see below). Last round of cars was about 4 years ago, where I basically just built 3 new Team Associated cars because that is my favorite part of the hobby, haha. I ended up selling them before I even installed running gear.

I've been in and out for 30+ years and have had almost everything at one point or another. Gold pan RC10s, Losi JR cars...you name it. Wish I could get all those cars back, haha.

I recently bought a NIB Tamiya Stadium Blitzer from 1992. That was my first real "hobby grade" RC that I got for Christmas. I wanted it back for nostalgia. Haven't decided if I'll build it.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have any RC at the moment (sorta, see below). Last round of cars was about 4 years ago, where I basically just built 3 new Team Associated cars because that is my favorite part of the hobby, haha. I ended up selling them before I even installed running gear.

I've been in and out for 30+ years and have had almost everything at one point or another. Gold pan RC10s, Losi JR cars...you name it. Wish I could get all those cars back, haha.

I recently bought a NIB Tamiya Stadium Blitzer from 1992. That was my first real "hobby grade" RC that I got for Christmas. I wanted it back for nostalgia. Haven't decided if I'll build it.
LOL I like the building portion as well but without the proper location to go drive them, they just collect dust!

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LOL I like the building portion as well but without the proper location to go drive them, they just collect dust!
That's why I can never stick to it. Nothing around me as far as race tracks and bashing gets boring. If I was out in Cali or something with tracks everywhere (at least that's how I imagine it), I would have taken a real shot at racing.
Sponsored