First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
okay, first off, i'd like to say that i was on a leisurely stroll with my family after dinner when we heard a loud rumble behind us. we wondered what it was and when it pulled up we all had a bit of a snicker (no disrespect at all). we just weren't really used to seeing any modded Genesis sedans. He flew by and pulled in front of me and just for fun, i downshifted and before i knew it, he was mashing out. I floored the gas behind him, he definitely got the go and he didn't manage to pull away from me but I was not making any ground. I was a bit shocked, and so was my wife and son.

we both stopped at the light and i did a good launch and good shifts from 1st to 2nd and into 3rd but he pulled right off the line and cut me off. We both made a right turn at the next light and i pulled up next to him and this time i got the go starting in 3rd gear and i pulled on him but not by much before we had to stop again. Then he made a left into a plaza giving me a peace and smile and i drove straight in disbelief.

anyone have any run ins with this genesis 4.6 sedan? His car was loud, like it rumbled in idle and i can barely hear my car when he was on the throttle. Even right now as i write this, i'm a bit confused about what happened. I know the car is a v8 but it's heavy and i've looked up the specs on it, i should have still beat him. i won't be looking at any of these cars and snickering in the future. this was actually my first loss after getting the car. oh man, to a hyundai sedan. hahaha. sigh.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No doubt it was modded.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Lot of fast cars out there of every stripe - just enjoy the car and win some / lose some.

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
no genesis, but..

raced an infiniti q sport sedan or whatever, it was FAST. he was pulling on me when we were going over 100+
only other car to pull on me was a newer model SS camaro. those sound sweet btw lol

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This story would have ended with divorce if my wife and kid were in the car with me.
divorced cuz you lost? or divorced because you raced at all?
everyone was shocked but they understand that any car can be a beast with the proper mods and tunning.
and if it's the second case, my wife drives a GS-F. she goes to the track regularly and my son is on a go-kart racing team. my father raced for hyundai in his hay day and we have racing just scattered through out the family. it's not really a big deal, and we don't race in dangerous situations. that's rule #1. anyways, thanks for the comment, it was funny.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No doubt it was modded.
no doubt. i feel like i could have caught up and beat him in the long run but the lights would only allow us to get past 2nd into 3rd. but i could be wrong. sigh.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lot of fast cars out there of every stripe - just enjoy the car and win some / lose some.
you're absolutely right, every stripe of car for sure. I very much enjoy it and i understand you win some, you lose some as you so eloquently wrote it, but i guess it was a bit of a shocker because i didn't really know much about the car, and you don't really think hyundai as a premier racing manufacturer... well i mean the N line is coming up real good but do you kind of know what im talking about? hahaha. anyways, thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no genesis, but..

raced an infiniti q sport sedan or whatever, it was FAST. he was pulling on me when we were going over 100+
only other car to pull on me was a newer model SS camaro. those sound sweet btw lol
kind of expect it from a car like that. Infiniti is nissan and well nissan has a rich history in racing. but yeah, those things are fast. thanks for the share.

OP
OP
Dminus

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
street racing with kid and wife in the car.... posted story to "laugh" at a modded sedan.

lol
although i'm not very clear on it's intention or point, thanks for the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.