Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Hey, sorry for the vague post. I was texting and on the socials when I posted that, not realizing that I could probably help someone to have a smoother time than I did.

Back story: I typically try to get ahead of my installs by requesting instructions from the manufacturer if not readily available online, or if I don't have a DIY/YouTube video to reference. I put my car up on jack stands and pulled the front bumper since I knew that I'd at least need to do that. At this point my car looks something like this:

gfLakJ0.jpg

Plot twist. There's a disclaimer on Racebred's website that warns of 4 holes that need to be drilled. No big deal, I have drill bits. Now, those holes need to be drilled in order to add nutserts to mount the splitter brackets. I don't know where you live, or what tools you have in your box, but a nutsert tool is not one of them for me. Luckily we have more than one vehicle in the household so I drove around for hours trying to find someone that had a nutsert tool in stock/for rent. Amazon 2-day shipping would've been fine except that I was in a time crunch with family members visiting (didn't want to work on my car with visitors over). I finally found that 4Wheel Parts that had the tool, however they were closed. I bought the Smittybilt Nutsert Tool Set - 2834 and I was on my way. The kit had everything that I needed for the install and I probably wont ever need it again unless I make some Jeep friends LOL

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/smittybilt-nutsert-tool-set-2834/_/R-DSBP-2834

Not Racebred's fault, I shouldn't have deviated from my normal process of getting ahead of an install. I likely won't attempt another install without having instructions, video, forum DIY, etc. ahead of time. Fit, finish and function of the brackets and splitter is fantastic! I would do it all over again (not the installation fiasco part) and buy the Racebred kit.

TL;DR You need a nutsert tool to complete the installation.
appreciate that man! Yes I seen their notes and the pictures etc..I figured there was more to it as the bolts need to grab onto something once drilled. I would assume the same concept for battle aeros chassis mount and the holes that have to be drilled on the front of the bumper support..either that or revet it. Thanks for the insight

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
appreciate that man! Yes I seen their notes and the pictures etc..I figured there was more to it as the bolts need to grab onto something once drilled. I would assume the same concept for battle aeros chassis mount and the holes that have to be drilled on the front of the bumper support..either that or revet it. Thanks for the insight
No problem. It’s really not all that bad once you have everything you need. You can’t go wrong with any of the proper splitters.

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
What's changes between the splitters for the fk8?

For example, if I buy a 2in Mugen lip splitter and an oem lip 2in splitter what's diff?

Is it the wooden splitter (shape and size) or the brackets (length and position)??

Jman245

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Fk8
Country flag
What's changes between the splitters for the fk8?

For example, if I buy a 2in Mugen lip splitter and an oem lip 2in splitter what's diff?

Is it the wooden splitter (shape and size) or the brackets (length and position)??
I wonder the same. I was thinking of getting a seeker lip and wondering if it'll work with 3in oem splitter

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
So, I had ordered two splitters. One for myself and one for my cousin. My cars outfitted with a blitz front lip while he has a Mugen lip upfront.

After putting both splitters side by side I noticed one main difference. The blitz lip splitter is "fanged" and the Mugen one is rounded upfront. In other words, my blitz lip splitter Is shaped like the oem lips outline. (Almost like it traces the lip).

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Does anyone have this with the HKS intercooler? Wondering if they both play nicely with each other.

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link