BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Brackets have officially been announced with sale starting Monday. I'll have a coupon code to share with you!

[/QUOTE
Brackets have officially been announced with sale starting Monday. I'll have a coupon code to share with you!

Niiiice.

Hook us up with that code!

Since you did some testing with the kit, can you give me a better idea of exactly where the bracket attaches to the crash beam- or maybe some photos with bumper off?

Does it attach on the flat forward portion of the beam or around the angled bend on either side away from the intercooler?
Sponsored

OP
OP
b2point0h

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Niiiice.

Hook us up with that code!

Since you did some testing with the kit, can you give me a better idea of exactly where the bracket attaches to the crash beam- or maybe some photos with bumper off?

Does it attach on the flat forward portion of the beam or around the angled bend on either side away from the intercooler?
Yes I definitely will. The front 2 brackets attach to the underside of the crash beam, the 2 side brackets attach to existing holes in the crash beam, on the side. There's actual mount photos on the RC website, here: https://racebredcomponents.com/coll...oducts/quick-release-splitter-bracket-fk8-ctr

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
Is it possible to utilize the quick release without removing the bumper? I notice they recommend a quik latch.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to utilize the quick release without removing the bumper? I notice they recommend a quik latch.
No because their system requires you to tighten/loosen a few bolts when you install or remove the splitter.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes I definitely will. The front 2 brackets attach to the underside of the crash beam, the 2 side brackets attach to existing holes in the crash beam, on the side. There's actual mount photos on the RC website, here: https://racebredcomponents.com/coll...oducts/quick-release-splitter-bracket-fk8-ctr
Yes, that's perfect. That's exactly what I was trying to see.

How did you secure the lower portion of the bumper to the splitter? I've used Quik-Latch for hood and such, but I'm thinking the OEM bumper lip just has a bunch of pop-clips and those are gone with the removal of the lower tray.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Understood.

Aero will work based on how YOU need it to as a driver.There’s a balance to it. No set method as to the fastest option. Take a look at the Art of Attack CTR build for some useful tried and true performance from a great team and track driver. Same goes for USR with a great build.

You mean Jose's build with 4+ inches of splitter? ;)

I said rule of thumb, not "the only size that works". I've built Time Attack/track cars and nobody that is trying to be competitive messes with anything less than 4" splitters. You can balance your aero out a lot of ways...not just splitter length.

And to answer a question above...yes most of the commercial splitters are trash. If you cant stand on it, its worthless.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You mean Jose's build with 4+ inches of splitter? ;)

I said rule of thumb, not "the only size that works". I've built Time Attack/track cars and nobody that is trying to be competitive messes with anything less than 4" splitters. You can balance your aero out a lot of ways...not just splitter length.

And to answer a question above...yes most of the commercial splitters are trash. If you cant stand on it, its worthless.
Lol yes he’s trying out different splitters. His current one is custom made by my friend Amir at RSFuture.

At least we agree on the aero balance. Splitter length is one thing. If most people are running stock with power around 400hp, 1” of splitter performance can be made with suspension tweaks. Like I said, everyone needs to tailor it to their driving needs/style. I enjoy oversteer so yeah my rear is stiff and I have a long splitter.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Have fun..sarcastic? How was the install lol
Hey, sorry for the vague post. I was texting and on the socials when I posted that, not realizing that I could probably help someone to have a smoother time than I did.

Back story: I typically try to get ahead of my installs by requesting instructions from the manufacturer if not readily available online, or if I don't have a DIY/YouTube video to reference. I put my car up on jack stands and pulled the front bumper since I knew that I'd at least need to do that. At this point my car looks something like this:

Honda Civic 10th gen Racebred Components FK8 quick release splitter brackets gfLakJ0

Plot twist. There's a disclaimer on Racebred's website that warns of 4 holes that need to be drilled. No big deal, I have drill bits. Now, those holes need to be drilled in order to add nutserts to mount the splitter brackets. I don't know where you live, or what tools you have in your box, but a nutsert tool is not one of them for me. Luckily we have more than one vehicle in the household so I drove around for hours trying to find someone that had a nutsert tool in stock/for rent. Amazon 2-day shipping would've been fine except that I was in a time crunch with family members visiting (didn't want to work on my car with visitors over). I finally found that 4Wheel Parts that had the tool, however they were closed. I bought the Smittybilt Nutsert Tool Set - 2834 and I was on my way. The kit had everything that I needed for the install and I probably wont ever need it again unless I make some Jeep friends LOL

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/smittybilt-nutsert-tool-set-2834/_/R-DSBP-2834

Not Racebred's fault, I shouldn't have deviated from my normal process of getting ahead of an install. I likely won't attempt another install without having instructions, video, forum DIY, etc. ahead of time. Fit, finish and function of the brackets and splitter is fantastic! I would do it all over again (not the installation fiasco part) and buy the Racebred kit.

TL;DR You need a nutsert tool to complete the installation.
Sponsored