R400 for sale or trade for q300

seed3540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Wow I am in Pensacola and I was looking to tone this R400 down too. I know that this is stainless and I would love to get a 3" resonator.
Sponsored

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
I would like to reiterate, it will not magically rid the exhaust of drone. The exact functionality was as such for me. This is adding a second resonator to the ARK setup, because it already has one. I added it about 3-4 months back, and it is among the lowest spots in the car. So if you're scraping the front splitter already in your area or aren't stock height (or don't plan to be for long) it may present issues.

> Before resonator, slight drone at ~2k, and then heavy heavy drone at 3.5k.
> Post resonator, even slighter drone at ~2k, and incredibly more bearable i'd say medium drone at 3.2k. Also 6th gear 3k drones in that same slight way, so highway speeds of ~78mph are louder than before.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to reiterate, it will not magically rid the exhaust of drone. The exact functionality was as such for me. This is adding a second resonator to the ARK setup, because it already has one. I added it about 3-4 months back, and it is among the lowest spots in the car. So if you're scraping the front splitter already in your area or aren't stock height (or don't plan to be for long) it may present issues.

> Before resonator, slight drone at ~2k, and then heavy heavy drone at 3.5k.
> Post resonator, even slighter drone at ~2k, and incredibly more bearable i'd say medium drone at 3.2k. Also 6th gear 3k drones in that same slight way, so highway speeds of ~78mph are louder than before.
Perfect reply, more than reasonable. Good on you for laying it out for the community bro.
From my experience, the drone was insane so offering some sort of clarity regarding a possible countermeasure is appreciated.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Perfect reply, more than reasonable. Good on you for laying it out for the community bro.
From my experience, the drone was insane so offering some sort of clarity regarding a possible countermeasure is appreciated.
No worries, after hearing all the options, the R400 and the ARK were my favorite sounds by far, so it was honestly hard for me to want anything else, even AWE. So I told myself I'd find a way to make it work even if it meant mangling the exhaust system beyond warranty.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I totally get it. I had an absolute love/hate relationship with the R400.

OP
OP
Hondadude95

Hondadude95

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r/ fg4 si
Country flag
Okay so I did 3 layers of sound mat in the rear of the civic and I’d say it made it 25% quieter took about 3 hours to do and cost about 75$ with the rollers and 35ft of Matt.

Honda Civic 10th gen R400 for sale or trade for q300 BFF82D4C-CE13-4B04-BAA7-056540D4F244

Honda Civic 10th gen R400 for sale or trade for q300 7CA28F75-2033-4F4E-B0D0-5D57179B223A

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Okay so I did 3 layers of sound mat in the rear of the civic and I’d say it made it 25% quieter took about 3 hours to do and cost about 75$ with the rollers and 35ft of Matt.

BFF82D4C-CE13-4B04-BAA7-056540D4F244.jpeg

7CA28F75-2033-4F4E-B0D0-5D57179B223A.jpeg
Damn you went all out and stripped it down and did it, nice!

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You guys have really sensitive ears. The R400 is pretty quiet, there is definitely drone like any exhaust but I thought it was fairly quiet. This was on a catless downpipe car too. You guys would lose your mind if you were driving my car (DDR+CatlessDP). Just wanted to add that a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator is the best thing you can add to your exhaust. Better than Dynamat in your trunk, it will cut down drone volume in just about half. I installed one on my old AFE exhaust because it was so loud and the drone was very loud/raspy. I couldn't talk on the phone in the car anymore while on the highway, but the vibrant took care of it. The exhaust was still just as loud at WOT, but was pretty tame while cruising. Had a friend install it on his R400 and he was very pleased with the results. Keep in mind not all resonators are made equal, Vibrant calls its the Ultra Quiet for a reason. It will do much better than the resonator already included with the R400.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
You guys have really sensitive ears. The R400 is pretty quiet, there is definitely drone like any exhaust but I thought it was fairly quiet. This was on a catless downpipe car too. You guys would lose your mind if you were driving my car (DDR+CatlessDP). Just wanted to add that a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator is the best thing you can add to your exhaust. Better than Dynamat in your trunk, it will cut down drone volume in just about half. I installed one on my old AFE exhaust because it was so loud and the drone was very loud/raspy. I couldn't talk on the phone in the car anymore while on the highway, but the vibrant took care of it. The exhaust was still just as loud at WOT, but was pretty tame while cruising. Had a friend install it on his R400 and he was very pleased with the results. Keep in mind not all resonators are made equal, Vibrant calls its the Ultra Quiet for a reason. It will do much better than the resonator already included with the R400.
still exhaust is really a personal thing. Someone even say they feel drone in the stock pipe and someone doesn't have problem with full titanium pipes.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
still exhaust is really a personal thing. Someone even say they feel drone in the stock pipe and someone doesn't have problem with full titanium pipes.
Definitely, it is very subjective. Drone in itself is just a low humming sound, which the stock exhaust does have. It is amplified if you have an aftermarket rear motor mount. Some of the helmholtz resonated exhausts would be an ideal choice to minimize drone at cruising frequencies. Perrin, 27Won, and the MXP all look solid, still get 3 inch for performance with all of them.
Sponsored