OP
cmwalton16

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Thank you for your response. One other very important question. Do the R1 rotors have a larger diameter than the stock rotors? I plan on picking up a 2017 LX Sport Hatch (Turbo/CVT). This comes in 16" stock wheels. I know most people upgrade to larger rotors. I will 'downgrade' my wheels to a 15" size. So I can not have the rotor diameter be larger than the stock sized rotors. They look fairly small in the pics but I do not want to make any assumptions. Thanks!
These are direct replacements so they are the same size, no worries!
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These are direct replacements so they are the same size, no worries!
Thank your for your replies. I just ordered a set of 4, all black, slotted and drilled. I only ordered them based on that you said they are lighter that stock. As long as they perform nearly the same as stock, I'm perfectly fine with them. I will be weighing them when I receive them and weighing the stocks as well.

OP
OP
cmwalton16

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank your for your replies. I just ordered a set of 4, all black, slotted and drilled. I only ordered them based on that you said they are lighter that stock. As long as they perform nearly the same as stock, I'm perfectly fine with them. I will be weighing them when I receive them and weighing the stocks as well.
I packed all the old stuff back into the r1 box and it was definitely a difference between the two. Did you get the pads?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get the pads?
No sir! I may potentially get it in the future. With the new set of rotors, if it stops similar to stock, I'll be completely satisfied. My primary reason of purchasing is because of the 'potential' weight difference that you indicated. This is just me as 99% of people purchase these for braking, as they should. I operate a tiny bit different than most. :) Carry on!

Last edited:

OP
OP
cmwalton16

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn they are so cheap now :banghead:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will receive them soon. Can't wait actually. I looked HERE for stock rotor weight and it says 13.73lbs. The package my rotors are coming in is 41.60lbs (/4 is 10.4lbs a piece). I don't mind guesstimating before they arrive so this is looking good. :)

OP
OP
cmwalton16

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will receive them soon. Can't wait actually. I looked HERE for stock rotor weight and it says 13.73lbs. The package my rotors are coming in is 41.60lbs (/4 is 10.4lbs a piece). I don't mind guesstimating before they arrive so this is looking good. :)
Cool this goes along with my 3-5 lb a corner estimate.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just received the R1 Concepts Rotors today. Nothing new to see as you all have seen the pics but here are some more anyway.

I removed one and weighed it. It weighs 13.2 lbs. I plan on taking my car to the shop to have the wheels and potentially the rotors changed out. I will weigh one of the stock rotors before having them all changed out. I hope they are 3-5-or more lbs heavier than these. If not, it is what it is. Just putting this out there for information purposes as I know 99.9% of people out there purchase brake pads/rotors for stopping ability (As you should). If you are one of the 1%'ers like me, this is for you. Will update!

BTW: There is a chance that my scale and weighing may be off. UPS package weight said 41.60lbs. The way I always start off my weighing is on a digital bathroom scale. I step on and off it 4X to make sure I get the exact same number each time. Then I get a 25lb dumbell and get a weight with me holding it. I do this until I get consistent numbers exactly, down to the 1/10th. Then I subtract the two. If it comes out to 25lbs +/- 1, I usually roll with it. As long as it is within 1lb so I have a general idea. Usually it is either exact or off by no more than .6lbs. This time it was off by 1lb. So be it!

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Kit R1 Concepts Rotors - 1

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Kit R1 Concepts Rotors - 2

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cmwalton16,
What did you do with your stock rotors? Sell them? Do you still have them?

OP
OP
cmwalton16

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
cmwalton16,
What did you do with your stock rotors? Sell them? Do you still have them?
Threw them away when I moved to Colorado.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks cmwalton16!

Here is the break-in procedure for these rotors if anyone is interested.

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Kit R1 Concepts Rotors_Break-In Procedure

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember them being substantially lighter. I would say 3-5 lbs a corner.
Cool this goes along with my 3-5 lb a corner estimate.
I went to have these rotors installed today at a shop (Along with some other work). But before I was to have them installed, I asked the shop to remove only one of my stock rotors so I can do a comparison of weight. I weighed both rotors back to back on the same bathroom scale. They both came out to 13.0lbs. Exactly! I know it's not the 13.2lbs I posted above. So let's say it is .2lbs off. Regardless, if you are purchasing these because you think they are lighter, they are not. Just getting this out for information purposes. Mass majority of people do not purchase these for weight (and you shouldn't). Just wanted to get that out here. I posted pics of both below.

If you are interested in these, I am selling them for 25% off of what it cost to purchase them new. These are for sell for $169.35 (New is $225.80). I only removed one rotor and only to weigh it. Nothing else. I still have everything in the same box. If you are interested, PM me. I have no use for them as they don't fit my plans. If you have been following this thread, you can see I just got these and have been updating with info. Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Kit Stock Rotor Weight

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concepts Drilled/Slotted Kit R1 Concept Rotor Weight

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It almost sounds like they just got a blank from Honda and just drilled out a bit of material.
Sponsored