R.I.P ygrette/mimi (10/26/16-1/21/21).

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
Did they actually total it out? The damage looks severe but they might end up fixing it. There's a lot I can't see but just from a glance it looks like everything on that corner has to go, strut, control arm, tie rod end, sway bar link snapped like a twig (damn), the wheel being pulled out of geometry so bad I wonder if it pulled the axle out of the transmission or damaged the seal or the transmission case itself. Also whether anything deformed at the top where the strut mounts to the body or whether the wheel being shoved back into the body, damaged the body. Then you have the wheel, tire, airbags, maybe yanked the ABS sensor wire out, bumper cover, splash guards, fender, maybe the side skirt. The subframe I can't see but the control arm connects to it through compliance bushings, I'd assume the bushings tore rather than the subframe bending. Then the last would be the remaining stuff like wheel balance, airbag module reprogram and alignment.

They can probably re-use the caliper and some other parts and if they use junkyard parts on some of the parts, they could probably come in under the value of the car since it is a 2017. Never say never!

So just for comparison's sake I had two other Civics that got into accidents:

2009/8th Civic coupe that was slammed hard on the entire driver side, damage all the way front and back on driver side. Blew the side airbag on A pillar, side airbag on seat and side airbag on C pillar, destroyed the rear quarter panel, door, interior of door (plastic molding door handle stuff), back of seat plastic frame (from seat airbag deployment), both wheels and hubcaps, completely mangled up the front fender and headlight. Total estimate for repair was about 8000 which totaled it out.

2015/9th Civic coupe that was slammed hard by a jerk off in a pickup truck who ran away afterward. He ripped a gouge on the rear quarter panel horizontally, two feet long, you could look through it and see into the trunk. They had to cut out the entire rear quarter panel from the middle of the passenger door all the way to the tail light and replace the whole thing. They had to remove the rear windshield too since it sits on top of the rear quarter panel, then put the rear windshield back on once the quarter was replaced. Total cost was about 3800 which did not total it out.

I'd expect your damage to come between these two in the upper range? Maybe 5000-7000? Then again if there's more damage I can't see, easily at the upper range or past it.
Sponsored