Quoted $500 plus for 15k mile service on 2019 Si

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 16 does not. I would assume the LX don't get them.

Haven't you noticed how dusty it gets in the cabin?
Why would you just assume it doesn't? I would assume that it would. And there is no 16 hatchback...
Sponsored

Deleted member 26142

Why would you just assume it doesn't? I would assume that it would. And there is no 16 hatchback...
I work at my local Honda and every 10th gen I've encountered has had a cabin filter, it's real easy to find it's right behind the glove box

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
My 2003 Pontiac Vibe has one, so I'm guessing every 10th gen Civic does as well.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag

If there is no cabin filter behind the glove box, that means somebody removed it and didn't replace it. You should put one in there.

billyalice

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport MT, 1990 Celica All-Trac, 70 W-31
Country flag
The air filter and wipers are rather low level service items which most owners can take care of by themselves. If one has the time (1 hr at the most) you can easily google the procedure and install yourself. If you don't want to pay so much have it done, go to your auto parts store (Autozone, NAPA, Advance, oReilly's, etc), other customers will readily tell you in the parking lot what to do.

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
If there is no cabin filter behind the glove box, that means somebody removed it and didn't replace it. You should put one in there.
I'll have to look again, didn't notice it in the list of filters when i was going through them on the tablet at crappy tire. Usually do my engine/cabin filters at the same time.

Last few cars I had the cabin filter was always accessible via engine compartment never thought to look in glove box, what a silly spot. Guess I'll grab one this weekend.

Deleted member 26142

I'll have to look again, didn't notice it in the list of filters when i was going through them on the tablet at crappy tire. Usually do my engine/cabin filters at the same time.

Last few cars I had the cabin filter was always accessible via engine compartment never thought to look in glove box, what a silly spot. Guess I'll grab one this weekend.
very simple just drop your glove box and its right there

Honda Civic 10th gen Quoted $500 plus for 15k mile service on 2019 Si IMG_20200908_092616

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
My friends Silverado has it accessible behind the glovebox as well so it's not uncommon.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag

uhhhhh.....you're wrong. Your LX DOES have a cabin filter.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought it was a typo. $ 500!? Are they making your next car payment for you too out of that quote?
I put 52,000 miles on my '17 SI before trading it this spring, maintained it very well, and probably spent maybe half that total over the whole time. OEM cabin filter - which yours usually does not need at that mileage - about $ 20. Time to swap it - no tools needed- about one to two minutes.
I am adding up the items in my head, even ones not needed yet (cabin filter) and can't get to more than $ 100 - $ 125 even allowing for a solid dealer profit of 50 % on the transaction.
You sure it said Honda not Porsche or Mercedes on the sign when you drove in?

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll have to look again, didn't notice it in the list of filters when i was going through them on the tablet at crappy tire.
That's the info you were going on when informing us that some civics do not have cabin air filters?! Thanks for the waste of time...

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
That's the info you were going on when informing us that some civics do not have cabin air filters?! Thanks for the waste of time...
I suggest you reread my post. I said some cars, not some civics.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
After 16XLMT said so, I checked the manuals and it seems based on the manuals like the LX sedan may be indeed the only one without the dust&pollen filter. All hatchbacks have them. Seems like all coupes have them too.

The sedan manual is the only one that says *Not available on all models.

Last edited:

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
very simple just drop your glove box and its right there

IMG_20200908_092616.jpg
Yes I found it, I think its easier to have a flap in the engine compartment. Usually you change your engine oil/filter, air filter and cabin filter in one go. Having it in the glove box area makes an extra walk around the car and I have to crouch in/on the seat vs reach over the fender.

I stand by my statement that it is a silly location, and I fear my bruteish hands will break some plastic removing the glove box. Silly.

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
uhhhhh.....you're wrong. Your LX DOES have a cabin filter.
Oh no I made simple mistake about a car I've owned for a month!

It might have one but it may aswell not. Saw it after so many quotes telling me I'm wrong.

I'll have to say it hardly does anything, mine still looks clean but the car gets dusty in a hurry. Replaced it anyway but I doubt the amount of dust build up in the car will reduce.
Sponsored