Spencer2131

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Sequence Exhaust Hands down. Just installed it last week after using an R400... Oh man it's quiet. And because it's boost actuated when you want to get on it it gets aggressive. I'm full bolt on and catless downpipe and I haven't heard my own thoughts in a year. Trust me on this.
Sponsored

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Honestly when I unplugged the fake sound generator i started to experience drone from the stock exhaust around the 3k rpm area. I wonder if the sound generator counteracts drone? Never noticed it much before.

After the spoon is installed tomorrow im going to experiment with it plugged in and not.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Fujitsubo is fairly quiet compared to most, and has little to no drone.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
In this thread: everyone with droney exhausts either in denial, lying, or too deafened from their exhaust to know the difference. ;)

Reality: any 3" exhaust without a massive muffler set up is going to have drone, period. What 3" exhaust does not have drone? I can attest to the sequence having 0 drone after sitting in @fatherpain s car. This is due to the incredible muffler set up it has. Smaller diameter exhausts (2.5") can get away with little to no drone simply due to the reduced flow.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Quietest/no drone exhaust on the market BC0D8E29-B152-438F-BE84-12518B674E3B

Perfection.
Reminds of supersprint exhaust systems from my bmw days(pre turbo era).
the shop was surprised how bassy it sounds and no rasp at all. Purrs like a kitten now. The advantage of an actual tuned exhaust. Worth the money also drone is the same as stock in the 3k area range but actually sounds good all through the rest of the range. Feels quicker too , subjective of course.

MegaCrash

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have had the AWE Touring exhaust for about 5 months/5,000 miles so far. I think it sounds perfect in terms of sound and minimal drone - the drone is there, but it's more than tolerable for daily driving. I think it's nearly impossible to find a drone free exhaust on this platform unless you buy an exhaust and add additional mufflers/resonators via custom welding.

OP, I highly recommend the AWE Touring. Sounds great with my PRL HVI as well. But keep in mind my car is running on the OEM downpipe, I am sure your catted DP will increase the drone in most [if not all?] aftermarket exhausts.

Spencer2131

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have had the AWE Touring exhaust for about 5 months/5,000 miles so far. I think it sounds perfect in terms of sound and minimal drone - the drone is there, but it's more than tolerable for daily driving. I think it's nearly impossible to find a drone free exhaust on this platform unless you buy an exhaust and add additional mufflers/resonators via custom welding.

OP, I highly recommend the AWE Touring. Sounds great with my PRL HVI as well. But keep in mind my car is running on the OEM downpipe, I am sure your catted DP will increase the drone in most [if not all?] aftermarket exhausts.
Hey Mega crash,
If you wouldn't mind sharing the msrp you paid for the awe touring and what you think it's valued at I think that would provide good context. This is purely because I was looking into it myself and the price hikes that happened in the last year made me say "at this point we might as well go full titanium since we're already this expensive". I really liked their exhaust, but once they were above 1500 it just didn't seem worth it personally.

MegaCrash

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Also which end plate you use
My exhaust's MSRP was at $1389 + $50 for the black diamond tips so $1439 MSRP. With California taxes it definitely came out to over $1500. This was earlier this year so prices probably have went up since then. It's definitely on the expensive end, but I think it is worth it - but you may not think the same and that is fine, titanium exhausts are sick so if you wanted to just go that route nothing wrong with that as well.

I just love the AWE Touring because I consider it OEM+. Still comes with the triple exhaust tips, and the exhaust tone is great and not loud enough where I would annoy my neighbors every time I pull in. I came across a CTR driver with the AWE Track and it was pretty loud [not crazy loud, but definitely loud lol], but still sounded really nice as well.

I'm not sure how to answer your last question about the end plate, I took it to an exhaust shop to get it installed - they used everything that came with the exhaust package and installed it quickly with no issues.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
My personal vote:

Honda Civic 10th gen Quietest/no drone exhaust on the market IMG_20210108_222404

I think I wrote a review on this a while back. While it isn't the best value for the money, I do think it's one of the overall best you can buy across weight (cuz titanium), drone-free sound (cuz helmholtz resonators), and looks/cool factor (cuz real carbon fiber tips + JDM goodness).

On the note of drone, everyone's threshold is different but I don't believe any aftermarket exhaust is truly "drone-free". I have super sensitive ears and didn't mind paying more for the one I thought would give me the least drone. But there is a tiny slice of the rpm range where you still get a little, although it is pretty muffled.

But overall, I do think this is the best, least droney, cleanest sounding exhaust for the R not factoring cost. It makes the car sound actually pretty good through the rev range for a 4cyl imo.

Spencer2131

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My exhaust's MSRP was at $1389 + $50 for the black diamond tips so $1439 MSRP. With California taxes it definitely came out to over $1500. This was earlier this year so prices probably have went up since then. It's definitely on the expensive end, but I think it is worth it - but you may not think the same and that is fine, titanium exhausts are sick so if you wanted to just go that route nothing wrong with that as well.

I just love the AWE Touring because I consider it OEM+. Still comes with the triple exhaust tips, and the exhaust tone is great and not loud enough where I would annoy my neighbors every time I pull in. I came across a CTR driver with the AWE Track and it was pretty loud [not crazy loud, but definitely loud lol], but still sounded really nice as well.

I'm not sure how to answer your last question about the end plate, I took it to an exhaust shop to get it installed - they used everything that came with the exhaust package and installed it quickly with no issues.
So the touring had three end plate choices for the middle pipe. It had fully open, semi open, and a closed plate. From what I've heard on the forum the closed plate is really OEM plus like a lot of our people are looking for. If you look now I think it's selling either at 2 grand or right above. 1500 was a solid fair price for that exhaust especially in this economy. If you look at your exhaust middle pipe you'll be able to see if there's a lip right after the tip, if it's open, or if it's closed off. Also are you catless or on a aftermarket cat? You said Cali so I doubt it haha. But that's something people are discussing too because removing that thing takes you to drone city (except the capped middle tip).
Thanks for the feedback, I hope this didn't come across as shit talking like I said I really looked into this exhaust because it had a nice muffler system.

MegaCrash

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So the touring had three end plate choices for the middle pipe. It had fully open, semi open, and a closed plate. From what I've heard on the forum the closed plate is really OEM plus like a lot of our people are looking for. If you look now I think it's selling either at 2 grand or right above. 1500 was a solid fair price for that exhaust especially in this economy. If you look at your exhaust middle pipe you'll be able to see if there's a lip right after the tip, if it's open, or if it's closed off. Also are you catless or on a aftermarket cat? You said Cali so I doubt it haha. But that's something people are discussing too because removing that thing takes you to drone city (except the capped middle tip).
Thanks for the feedback, I hope this didn't come across as shit talking like I said I really looked into this exhaust because it had a nice muffler system.
Yeah I’m honestly unsure about the end plates, I’m guessing closed pipe or maybe even semi open? Completely unsure - but just looked online and it looks like they are still around $1500 (not including the dualphase midpipe)

And yeah I’m on the stock OEM downpipe for that reason, I’m currently tuned and I would love to go catless or at least aftermaket catted for the extra gains but I already know it’s going to be super loud and will drone badly. Since it’s my daily driver and I drive my girlfriend around a lot, I’m fine with the catback only.
Sponsored