Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I have zero tire complaints at 16 kmiles, rotated once at about 10.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are scalloped to shit my man. I thought I had serious problems but it was just cupping (another term for scalloping) once I put new tires on (brand new contipro's, I found a guy with stock sport touring tires that got 19's and used the 18's for snow) the noise went away completely.

Lesson learned? rotate your tires at every oil change. If I had done that, I would still be able to run those tires. I think I had half my tread left but the scalloping was so bad I had to throw them out.

Guilty. I usually only rotate when I see the fronts getting noticeably more worn than the rears. I did that on the Odyssey and it worked out fine. 15k miles later, still not noise...just balanced tread wear. Guess I'll be more aggressive rotating the Civic tires with the next set. Thanks guys.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Id say keeping up with tire pressures is equally as important (if not more) than rotating. Don’t rely on TPMS to tell you if tires are low. By the time the TPMS light (assuming it was calibrated correctly) turns on you’ve already been too low for some time.

I carry about 300lbs of tools in my trunk every day and drive 30k miles a year and have never had odd tire wear. I correct the pressures 1-2 times per month and rotate tires every oil change (10k miles).

Last edited:

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
That happened to me before and it kind of sneaks up on you. I remember the manual saying to rotate tires at 7500 miles, same as oil change. I just do both on my cars now at 5000 miles, easy to keep up with and has not ever happened again.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
That happened to me before and it kind of sneaks up on you. I remember the manual saying to rotate tires at 7500 miles, same as oil change. I just do both on my cars now at 5000 miles, easy to keep up with and has not ever happened again.
Where does this 7,500 miles come from? I’ve read my manual cover to cover and have never seen that number anywhere. I ask because I hear it so often but have never seen any evidence. The manual always defers to the MM.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't currently own a Honda, so I can't say that it reads that in your manual. I was saying that I remember seeing it in the manual back when I did have a Honda. My last Honda was a 1993 Prelude. Sorry for the confusion.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am shopping for a new car now and I like the SI sedan, but may consider getting the 6 speed manual hatchback. I am in no hurry, just doing research and reading the forums.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I don't currently own a Honda, so I can't say that it reads that in your manual. I was saying that I remember seeing it in the manual back when I did have a Honda. My last Honda was a 1993 Prelude. Sorry for the confusion.
10-4, that’s what I presumed, that it was old hat. No worries.
Sponsored