beefalo

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So, I’m going to do the CDV delete and replace the clutch line with @PRL Motorsports Sexy SS one.

For those that have done this, easier from the top or the bottom?

I got the flare wrenches in 10&14mm to avoid stripping an in case mine are torqued as tight as some have reported. I plan to slap the slave cylinder in a vise to make picking the clip out easier.

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So, I’m going to do the CDV delete and replace the clutch line with @PRL Motorsports Sexy SS one.

I got the flare wrenches in 10&14mm to avoid stripping an in case mine are torqued as tight as some have reported. I plan to slap the slave cylinder in a vise to make picking the clip out easier.

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!
I did it from the top

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!
Top.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will the CDV delete have any effect on clutch life?

OP
OP

beefalo

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man, 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

To start, it is done, and the difference is noticeable and totally worth the effort.

Getting the line off closest to the slave was difficult, but broke free. The side near the fender, though....

Ended up pulling the battery, pulling the whole hard line and clutch line, and using the vise to break it. Was very glad I picked up the flared wrenches to avoid stripping.

Only fought the clip for 10 minutes, but had to spend another 10 looking for it when my buddy dropped it.

Tried using an air compressor to pop the CDV, and a mouthful of DOT3 was my reward. Used a very thin Allen wrench from the backside and was able to tap it out that way fairly easily.

Everything reassembled nicely, except the air box. (PRL Cobra CAI is the next planned upgrade, so stock for now). Could not get it back on the resonater nipple, so jacked the car up and removed it.

Got it bled and dropped, turned on the car to every imaginable due to disconnecting the battery.

Took it for a short spin, everything worked, felt SO much improved. After parking and restarting, all the idiot lights were gone. Longer than anticipated, but happy I made the trip.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Will the CDV delete have any effect on clutch life?
If anything it should help, it creates more consistent shifts, less grinds and lockouts. It doesn’t eliminate it 100% of the time though. So theoretically it should increase life expectancy.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!
So the CDV delete is simply just changing the aftermarket clutch line?

OP
OP

beefalo

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So the CDV delete is simply just changing the aftermarket clutch line?
CDV is “just” pulling the slave cylinder, picking out the c clip, then cap, then a white plastics piece.

Afterwards reattach the clutch line, add DOT 3 to the brake reservoir, and bleed it. (Helps to have a friend)

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CDV is “just” pulling the slave cylinder, picking out the c clip, then cap, then a white plastics piece.

Afterwards reattach the clutch line, add DOT 3 to the brake reservoir, and bleed it. (Helps to have a friend)
Thanks man, any feed back? I read something about “inexperienced” drivers causing wear or something like that. Not sure what inexperienced means, people that can’t drive Manuel at all or people that don’t know how to do agressive shifts/drop the clutch.

OP
OP

beefalo

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks man, any feed back? I read something about “inexperienced” drivers causing wear or something like that. Not sure what inexperienced means, people that can’t drive Manuel at all or people that don’t know how to do agressive shifts/drop the clutch.
I did it and love it. Paired with Ktuner’s rev hang delete, the shifts are quicker and it feels more engaged.

Koomoo88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic SI
Country flag
Anyone had trouble getting the bolt off the clutch slave hose line? I got the right flare wrench and penetrating oil, but I’m haven’t hard to time to break the bolt loose?

Honda Civic 10th gen Quick Question: SS clutch Line D5826FDA-0415-4E0A-B853-95E6B55154A2

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
aluminium and steel unfortunately has a side effect of corroding together and that makes it very hard to remove. You'll have to put your back into it and maybe wear gloves so you don't skin your knuckles when it breaks free. I would say add a little bit of anti-seize before re-assembling to hopefully prevent the corrosion from happening again.
Sponsored