Quick question about TPMS on this car?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
so I got a nail in the tire smh. Shell gas station assisted me in plugging it we refilled the air on all four tires. Even the plugged one.

The TPMS sensor is still saying the pressure is low. In my old G35 Infiniti once the sensor drove on the correct PSI of the tire the warning automatically went away. On this car the indicator isnt going away.....

I know I need to read the manual, and I will when I get home. I was just wondering if i can get a quick reso on this. is TPMS sensor automatic?
Sponsored

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
so I got a nail in the tire smh. Shell gas station assisted me in plugging it we refilled the air on all four tires. Even the plugged one.

The TPMS sensor is still saying the pressure is low. In my old G35 Infiniti once the sensor drove on the correct PSI of the tire the warning automatically went away. On this car the indicator isnt going away.....

I know I need to read the manual, and I will when I get home. I was just wondering if i can get a quick reso on this. is TPMS sensor automatic?
You may have to go to a tire shop and or dealer and have them remotely reset the sensor. Same thing happened with my work suv, Ford Explorer. I haven’t read my Ctr manual either.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag

I have a hatch but i think it’s the same for the typeR too.
- There is no tpms sensor. It’s an indirect system.
- you can reset it in the settings/vehicle/deflation warning system. Then it starts to learn the new calibration values

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
with the indirect system what i do (all the damn time) is go to settings on the cluster, down to tpms then scroll down to calibrate. wait a second or two and the light goes away.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thanks fellas ya'll the greatest

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

There IS no TPMS sensor ... computer uses the ABS information to calculate differences in tire rotation speed ... and if the difference exceeds the allowable amount, it gives you a warning. Use your touchscreen to find the calibration function ... and it will reset itself.

That said ... You are rolling on ZR speed rated tires ... and these should NEVER be plugged for any reason, other than driving to the tire store to buy a new tire.

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
There IS no TPMS sensor ... computer uses the ABS information to calculate differences in tire rotation speed ... and if the difference exceeds the allowable amount, it gives you a warning. Use your touchscreen to find the calibration function ... and it will reset itself.

That said ... You are rolling on ZR speed rated tires ... and these should NEVER be plugged for any reason, other than driving to the tire store to buy a new tire.
yes! very good point!!

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Glad i got that wheel and tire insurance package lol. although it's fall i am a month or two away from colder weather. Planned on replacing the tires with UHP all seasons anyways. Just not in my budget right now. Its in the rear tire maybe i have some time till i am ready to replace?

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Something to note, when you click calibrate that does not mean it senses all of your tires and then turns off the TPMS. Once you start moving, it studies a variety of things and establishes an equilibrium. If something deviates from that equilibrium in the future, the system attributes that to the tire pressure and throws the light.

You have to check all 4 tires and make sure they are properly inflated before hitting calibrate. Theoretically, you could set them all to 15 PSI, hit calibrate, start driving, and your car will not yell at you for low tire pressure, it just establishes an equilibrium at that point

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good to know. I might keep the warning on then until i completely fix the issue

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know. I might keep the warning on then until i completely fix the issue
One thing I found was that I would try and reset it while the tires are cold or below operating temp. You really have to drive around and get them up to temp, then ensure they are all at the correct psi, then calibrate. I couldn't figure out why I had to calibrate it multiple days in a row... I leave my house really early in the morning so I didn't stop and think until after a few times, then realized why it would keep coming back on.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the calibration 3 times within a minute. It will recalibrate the whole system. The tire light will flash indicating it’s recalibrated
Sponsored