CivicMan973

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport.
Country flag
To begin with I am not a veteran of the car community so take anything I say with a grain of salt, if I'm wrong please correct me. I have had three cars in my short life (Only 21) a 1998 Saturn SL2 (Manuel 2.2), a 2009 Honda Accord Coupe (Automatic 2.4), and now a 2017 Honda Civic hatchback Sport (CVT 1.5T). Surprisingly none were wrecked I just traded each on my next purchase, and now I have gotten to the car I will be keeping as my daily for many years to come. I wanted to modify this car and I wanted to do it the correct way. I am a detailed person so I'm telling everyone from the start that minor mods will be listed in this post.

ENGINE COMPONENTS-
Honestly I started off thinking I was going to make this car incredibly high HP and TQ. Though being on this forum for 5 minutes I read many posts that told me the CVT on these cars are not meant for that kind of abuse. This said, I still wanted to add power even if it was not going to be monster gains. I started my engine build with the most controversial modification a Cold Air Intake. Though I tried to do as much homework as I could. I deciding on the 27 WON Cold Air Intake, LOVE THIS PART(Amazing Quality and Great Company). My next modification was a KTuner V1.2 again amazing quality and great company. This modification opens up the cars performance. Then for my newest engine modification the 27 WON Full Turbo Back Exhaust. 27 WON Again knocked it out of the park. The Downpipe, Frontpipe, Frontpipe Back Exhaust makes the car sound amazing. The next modification I plan to do is a full custom dyno tune from Innovative Motorworks. That is all the engine modifications that have been done at this time. Now for the question, Do any of you have suggestions for new engine modifications for the build? You can give details or just a quick suggestion any is welcomed and wanted.

COSMETICS-
The first step into changing the car was to remove the rear badges that said "CIVIC and SPORT" they were chrome and kinda gave the rear of the car a goddy(Over the Top) look in my opinion. Though I actually quite like the Chrome Honda badges on the Dark Metallic Gray Color. The next item that was changed cosmetically was tint, I thought the fishbowl look made it appear stock and on top of that summers in Pennsylvania are actually quite hot. I decided on a 15% Rear Window, 30% All Side Windows, and just protective film on the windshield. I then installed new side markers for the car which helped the look by removing the ugly orange.That is all the cosmetic modifications that have been done at this time. Now for the question, Do any of you have suggestions for new cosmetic modifications for the build? You can give details or just a quick suggestion any is welcomed and wanted.

SUSPENSION-
The first suspension modification I purchased was a Sirimoto Strut Bar which I have never had a problem with. The next modification was a Sirimoto Rear Sway Bar which has worked great since it was installed. The last Suspension modification that was done to the car was the Sirimoto Rad Subframe Suspension kit. This kit works great for the car and all of these modifications together work to tighten up the steering greatly. That is all the suspension modifications that have been done at this time. Now for the question, Do any of you have suggestions for new suspension modifications for the build? You can give details or just a quick suggestion any is welcomed and wanted.

To end thank you for reading my post and any comments that you might of had. Have a fantastic day :)

Sponsored

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
I have an si but I really like my BC Racing coilovers. I only dropped the car about an inch, maybe a tad more, so I'm not "low" but the car feels more fun to toss around and its only marginally stiffer than stock suspension. I think every car looks better with a slight drop. For engine mods, since you have a cvt, I'm not sure if you should push for any more power after your custom tune. However you could check out 27won's intercooler for the 1.5t. They just opened preorders.

OP
OP

CivicMan973

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have an si but I really like my BC Racing coilovers. I only dropped the car about an inch, maybe a tad more, so I'm not "low" but the car feels more fun to toss around and its only marginally stiffer than stock suspension. I think every car looks better with a slight drop. For engine mods, since you have a cvt, I'm not sure if you should push for any more power after your custom tune. However you could check out 27won's intercooler for the 1.5t. They just opened preorders.
Thank you for responding. I'm definitely looking into lowering the car not by a ton but like you said any car lowered looks at least a little better. Also thanks for the heads up on the 27 Won intercooler definitely a part worth looking into. I was wondering have you ever driven a car on lowering springs rather then coils? If so is there a huge difference between the two in your opinion?

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
Thank you for responding. I'm definitely looking into lowering the car not by a ton but like you said any car lowered looks at least a little better. Also thanks for the heads up on the 27 Won intercooler definitely a part worth looking into. I was wondering have you ever driven a car on lowering springs rather then coils? If so is there a huge difference between the two in your opinion?
I have not driven a car on springs only but based on other people's feedback they seem to be a good choice if you're not tracking your car and you're not picky about your wheel fitment

OP
OP

CivicMan973

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have not driven a car on springs only but based on other people's feedback they seem to be a good choice if you're not tracking your car and you're not picky about your wheel fitment
The car will not be tracked just want a fun daily, not really a fitment guy either just want to drop the car a little. Thank you for your feedback and answering my questions.

discoamazing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ex-l hatchback
Country flag
Let’s see pictures of the car so we can talk cosmetics.

Lacking that, you may want to go for led headlights

OP
OP

CivicMan973

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let’s see pictures of the car so we can talk cosmetics.

Lacking that, you may want to go for led headlights
I'll grab a few pictures of the car tomorrow and throw them in my garage for you to see. Thanks for your interest in the car and the post.
Sponsored