First Name
Cyriletto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8 Polished Metallic Grey
Country flag
Hello JDM Power !

Thank you very much for all your informations and adivces, it's really helpfull to understand !

I didn't kwow this aftermarket illumination kit could be dangerous for the safety of the car electrical system :confused: Do you think it is really risky ?

If it is, I think I will try to connect my wires to an USB plug, and plug it beside the HDMI plug... or independant AA battey It should be more safe evenif it's not the cleanest way to do :rolleyes:

I will keep you updated with my progress ;) !
Sponsored

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Hahaha, I didn't mean to be smart by saying that, I was just being honest. I think so, maybe not "dangerous" is the right word (my English still plays tricks on me from time to time). However, I think it is better to say that there is a risk, even a minimal one, for the car's electrical system, once Honda considered it necessary to install fuses on the OEM wiring. Of course, you can also install fuses on your harness, it wouldn't be a problem.
I don't know, but that's my opinion, with an unprotected aftermarket electrical accessory, everything can work perfectly, but if that doesn't happen in a day, and various cables or connectors will melt, or even worse, will fail any module that manages the car's systems, then you'll probably remember the magic word, "protection", lol.

D4nnyM

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been back and forth about these kits. I like that they plug into the factory harness. But I don’t like that they are on all the tome of the light are on or on auto. I’ve been thinking about buy aftermarket LED lights and just wiring them myself with a harness from a wrecked civic.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, can't you just tap into the red led footwell light kit? Then the doors would dim correct?
Sponsored