TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
again i'm going to disagree, I have had a few motorcycles, street cars and a few actual racing go karts and I can tell you that rather your driving, racing or going out on the weekends a good tire makes all the difference. I'm not a young dude anymore and have a family and in rain, snow, slick conditions or whatever having a good reliable tire that is the "best in the world" that's one less thing you gotta worry about.
Not really disagreeing with you that a good tire is a necessity. I'm saying that the price premium for some tires is often based more on marketing hype than on real-world value.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Not really disagreeing with you that a good tire is a necessity. I'm saying that the price premium for some tires is often based more on marketing hype than on real-world value.
Of course that's why TYPE R exhaust is more expensive because its a more expensive car

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I'm on stock suspension right now. Running 18's 18x8.5 +35 on 245/40r18. No issues.
Also the Boost Blue is not Limited Edition hope the dealership didn't tell you that. There's already over 1000 Boost Blue's available/sold from 2020/2021. The Civic Type R Limited Edition is Phoenix Yellow, and only has 600 w/ special tags that says US-001 - US-600
what did yoou mean by +35 BTW?

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Stock offset on the CTR is +60.
Oops you’re right! I was thinking something else, but yeah stock looked too tucked. +35 looks good imo I’d like +30 too

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
perfect cause that means the +45 will look good also I don't want it sticking out on the sides

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
I have a 2021 Civic Type R Boost Blue, as you know it comes with 20s I got a small screw in my tire and got it patched, while it was off the rim I realized how small of a tire it really is. I wanted to do a step down to some 18s to get it a little lower and have a little bit more meat on the tire if you will. I have never shopped rims and tires and not sure what can fit on this car. Could some one help me out and lmk what tire sizes can fit, what depth, and width I can run.

I have done some research online, and from what I have seen is the lowest I can go is 18s which is what I want anyways but I'm not 100%.
I’m running 235/40/18 on 2021CTR. Looks great and handles fine. This fitment also closely matches OEM diameter so speedometer is close to accurate if that matters to you.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I swapped the OEM tires on my previously owned '17 SI for Michelin PS4S and was pretty happy with them over the stock tires. They are brilliant tires to be sure.
But on my FK8, I am good with the OEM Continental's.
it's not all roses if you swap. The proportions look a bit off. You may get more torque steer. Or less sharp turn in from what I have read. Other aspects seem to be less affected.
And certainly other options will outlast the Conti's.
Your car, your choice. Good luck! Let us know after you swap them how the handling, etc. compares to the originals.
Many owners: I can improve this, let me at it. Me: Honda did a great job, let me not screw it up.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
I swapped the OEM tires on my previously owned '17 SI for Michelin PS4S and was pretty happy with them over the stock tires. They are brilliant tires to be sure.
But on my FK8, I am good with the OEM Continental's.
it's not all roses if you swap. The proportions look a bit off. You may get more torque steer. Or less sharp turn in from what I have read. Other aspects seem to be less affected.
And certainly other options will outlast the Conti's.
Your car, your choice. Good luck! Let us know after you swap them how the handling, etc. compares to the originals.
Many owners: I can improve this, let me at it. Me: Honda did a great job, let me not screw it up.
Proportions look fine between 18 or 19 then you get 20s and it looks like truck wheels on it.
As for steering I went from OEM to 18. First it's way lighter, the OEM wheels are heavy as shit. Haven't had any issues with steering. Performance wise I like 18's way better. Hence why it's such a popular swap to get off OEMs. OEM also aren't that great, thats why dealership try to push wheel warranty cause they're so easily damaged. Ordered 18's right before I even bought my Type-R and saw the spoon video.

Even spoon sports says 20 is unncessary. " 18" is best for FK8 " (10:20 when they talk about the wheel. ) and they test the car a lot. It's debatable. Watch the whole video anyways it's a good one.

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I’m running 235/40/18 on 2021CTR. Looks great and handles fine. This fitment also closely matches OEM diameter so speedometer is close to accurate if that matters to you.
it does and thank you for the info
Sponsored