TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Unless you seriously track the car, I'm not sure it makes _that_ much difference which premium performance tire from a good brand you get. I would not pay a big premium to get say Michelins if the Contis were a lot cheaper, etc. Luckily, at these sizes, the tires are not super expensive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Unless you seriously track the car, I'm not sure it makes _that_ much difference which premium performance tire from a good brand you get. I would not pay a big premium to get say Michelins if the Contis were a lot cheaper, etc. Luckily, at these sizes, the tires are not super expensive.
I disagree 100%, if you open up the car on the roadway or your doing a lot of hard driving a premium tire is absolutely necessary.

Jpembry

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I disagree 100%, if you open up the car on the roadway or your doing a lot of hard driving a premium tire is absolutely necessary.
I don’t think he/she meant quality doesn’t matter, just saying that any high quality performance tire from a reputable brand will be fine for normal and even “hard” street driving. There is a lot of nuance in terms of road feel, wet/dry traction, noise, etc, but it comes down to what tire characteristics are most important to you and what your budget is.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
That's awesome and your gonna laugh but I put them on my Type R in Forza and although it is a game they do look sick on my boost blue in black. Now something that I'm wondering is can I change the Motegi cap out for a different one?
Yeah you can swap the center caps you'll just need to pop em off before you mount em. I dunno which other ones will fit but you can remove em and such.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
For stock suspension, max you can get to work is 275 (rub or not depends on which tire, but I got a Nitto Nt01 working just fine). Lowered need to adjust camber if going 275. 255-265 doesn't rub
I'm guessing you're running the NT01 on the track? What do you think? Are they good for consistent lapping or better for a hot lap?

jjflash19

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm on stock suspension right now. Running 18's 18x8.5 +35 on 245/40r18. No issues.
Also the Boost Blue is not Limited Edition hope the dealership didn't tell you that. There's already over 1000 Boost Blue's available/sold from 2020/2021. The Civic Type R Limited Edition is Phoenix Yellow, and only has 600 w/ special tags that says US-001 - US-600
Would you think 18's 18x8.5 +40 on 245/40r18 up would cause any issues? same as yours but instead of 35 the offset is 40. looking for an all-season setup for winter but not sure if it will cause issues with clearance with breaks... thank you!
(Was looking at Flow One Race Spec F3 wheels with BFGoodrich G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS tires)

Last edited:

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
I'm guessing you're running the NT01 on the track? What do you think? Are they good for consistent lapping or better for a hot lap?
pretty consistent for sure, but the tire has a slow reaction compare to PS4S or V601 I used previously. Those tire give you a immediate response braking right away, but the Nt01 just make it a bit delay but will brake really fast after that. I'm still trying to get used to the feel. The most impressive thing is with 4 track days the tire still has some life left for probably for a 5th or even 6th. (probably i'm not using it hard enough, but still impressive compare to A052 or AR-1 I seen)

I'll recommend this tire for a more skill track enthurist not the beginner.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
ok so from what y'all are saying it seems like a 35 255 - 265 18x5 is perfect so. As for the limited edition thing I the dealer didn't tell me that in my city there are 2 and I have one. The dealers only seem to have red, white and black. But back to rims n tires lol. Do you guys know of any good online retailers? or are you getting yours from a place like discount? Discount here in my state is saying they can get them for me but I'm not sure about it. I kinda want to hear yalls thoughts on it.
You do not want a 18x8.5" wheel with a 265. You want a 18x.9.5" wheel if you run a 265 width tire.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Not saying quality is not important, only that once you are at a certain level, it doesn't matter much. Michelin, Continental, Goodyear, Pirelli--I mean, they are all good tires. Paying a lot more for a fancy tire that all the Internet cognoscenti proclaim the GOAT is probably not going to be worth it for most drivers.

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I hope you did not pay extra for a blue LE hehe

Still an amazing car and beautiful color too...don't get me wrong...I am extremely jealous ? haha
didn't pay any more than the other colors except the phoenix yellow lol that one is to much

OP
OP
GhostRider13506

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Not saying quality is not important, only that once you are at a certain level, it doesn't matter much. Michelin, Continental, Goodyear, Pirelli--I mean, they are all good tires. Paying a lot more for a fancy tire that all the Internet cognoscenti proclaim the GOAT is probably not going to be worth it for most drivers.
again i'm going to disagree, I have had a few motorcycles, street cars and a few actual racing go karts and I can tell you that rather your driving, racing or going out on the weekends a good tire makes all the difference. I'm not a young dude anymore and have a family and in rain, snow, slick conditions or whatever having a good reliable tire that is the "best in the world" that's one less thing you gotta worry about.