First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right?! I dont know why that’d be false, unless I’m misreading something. I’ll let everyone know what they say.
I'm actually no longer running their intake with the sticker on it but am going to keep it for smog time to swap it out. Currently running eventuri which I know isn't legal. But yeah they made it super easy for me to get the decal for my intake. All I did was show proof of purchase and a picture of the intake on my car.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm actually no longer running their intake with the sticker on it but am going to keep it for smog time to swap it out. Currently running eventuri which I know isn't legal. But yeah they made it super easy for me to get the decal for my intake. All I did was show proof of purchase and a picture of the intake on my car.
Good idea!

Myself as well.

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
Right?! I dont know why that’d be false, unless I’m misreading something. I’ll let everyone know what they say.
Thanks for this! Also this is pretty new 9/03/21 so newer than my original post

However, a lot of smog techs dont know that the intercooler is CARB exempt, so be careful still

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was really interesting, but the discussion in that link is 12+ years old. ??‍♂

Anywho, Greddy had their intercooler CARB EOd, but not sure if it’s totally necessary. Mishi doesn’t say theirs is for ‘off-road use only’; I’ve reached out to them, and will report back with anything I hear.
Let us know! I think also regardless of the details of the smog regulations, I get the sense from the majority of smog techs that "if its aftermarket, it needs a CARB EO" so you are better off having that than having to argue with the smog tech being like "actually ...."
Thanks for this! Also this is pretty new 9/03/21 so newer than my original post

However, a lot of smog techs dont know that the intercooler is CARB exempt, so be careful still
?????? Everyone!

So, I contacted Mishi about their intercooler being CARB-EOd, and heard back from them, but I wasn’t sure I was at liberty to tell you all what they said.

HOWEVER, I didn't forget about y’all! I checked their website this morning to see if they made any updates to the info listed on there, and THEY DID!
Honda Civic 10th gen Questions About California Laws 57E13E15-E62C-4108-98FF-E235438A783B

? Mishimoto intercooler is CARB-exempt! This info was not on there earlier this week because I checked. ?

Thank you, @Mishimoto for going through the expense! We appreciate you!

Cabbage

First Name
Copper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 civic si
Country flag
And most importantly for you, the 6 years or less smog exemption only applies to vehicles already registered in california. Since you bought your car in maryland you will have to register your car within 20 days of moving here, including smog.
https://www.californiacartags.com/register-cars-from-out-of-sta

Its not just Greddy. If you go to the search and select "intercooler" as your category you will see all the manufacturers who have gotten carb EO's for their products.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

Youll see greddy, mishimoto, HKS etc. all there. They wouldn't go through this process, and the CARB wouldn't grant them EO's if it wasn't required.
So if you are out of state, come into California and get the smog do I now have to re smog my
2019 every 2 years or do I get a exemption again for the remainder of the 6.

OP
OP
Tev42

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
So if you are out of state, come into California and get the smog do I now have to re smog my
2019 every 2 years or do I get a exemption again for the remainder of the 6.
exemption
Sponsored