Questions about Aftermarket Head Unit

chewlarue12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Sorry about the double post. I was told the post did not go through the first time and then I tried again. So please ignore this one.

I have a 2016 Civic EX-L w/ Honda Sensing. Are there any aftermarket head units that do not disable some feature or aspect of the vehicle and are improvements? I have a Dasaita 9" Android 9.0 PX6 display (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WJZNSJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1). After installation though, I notice on the dash that many bits of information are missing and blank (example is no oil indicator). Then, I have things like the LaneWatch and rear camera working but albeit delayed pop-up compared to OEM and also worse quality (I assume due to resolution differences).

At this point, I am not sure if it is better to go back to the OEM head unit or not or if there exists an aftermarket head unit that does not function worse than the OEM one. I had to replace the head unit to begin with because the display on mine was damaged and cracked. Instead of purchasing the OEM one, I purchased this aftermarket one but it does not seem better. Any suggestions?

Also, I am not sure if this will affect anything too, but road debris flew at my vehicle several months ago and damaged the sensor on the front bumper of the vehicle. I need to get body work done and the sensor fixed. Afterwards, I need to get the sensors calibrated (Car is out of warranty by the way so no worries in invalidating warranty) so not sure if an aftermarket head unit will prevent that from being done.

Thanks in advance for feedback and help.
Sponsored

Last edited: