Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Buying repainted OEM stuff isnt my style but i'd be so disillusioned with spoon if a $400+ plastic valve cover wasnt perfect.
Lol exactly my thought.
I was planning on doing a spoon build but I don’t know anymore.
Tried getting in contact with @artofattack but no luck yet. I left 1 voice message and 3 emails between yesterday and today with one email just pictures of the product and no response. I know they’re probably busy and short staffed with this pandemic thing going down so I’ll give em a few more days to get it together
Sponsored

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I stand corrected... Spoon dun' f'd up with multiple covers which should have never happened. Sorry OP, hope this ends well for you.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I honestly can do a better job myself. That’s a shame cause I’m not a body man by trade even though I can do it. Id sooner take a stock valve cover with the correct paint to a local body shop and get better results for less money. For the price that is good craftsmanship. I’m willing to bet though on the high probability of being a copy. It’s not exactly hard to copy paint. Spoon sports is usually very low production number parts with the best quality. If this is what it’s becoming I’m so disappointed. I wish you all best of luck with getting your valve covers done correctly. I’ve dealt with vendors that sold products that look like junk in person. I had an exhaust from Alta that had the most junk backyard weld and crooked joints and they argued with me about taking it back. Good luck

epryor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 RR CTR, ‘16 Audi Q5
Country flag
Lol exactly my thought.
I was planning on doing a spoon build but I don’t know anymore.
Tried getting in contact with @artofattack but no luck yet. I left 1 voice message and 3 emails between yesterday and today with one email just pictures of the product and no response. I know they’re probably busy and short staffed with this pandemic thing going down so I’ll give em a few more days to get it together
I’ve tried giving them my money on several occasions. I have yet to place an order because of their poor customer service.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it just me, or do most of those seams in the photos look like leaks just waiting to happen!

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is it just me, or do most of those seams in the photos look like leaks just waiting to happen!
Lol I don’t need anymore anxiety about this seeing as Art of Attack isn’t responding to any emails or phone calls. I was thinking the same thing, but it seems pretty stiff and has zero play. Maybe it’s more noticeable since it’s painted yellow?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Lol I don’t need anymore anxiety about this seeing as Art of Attack isn’t responding to any emails or phone calls. I was thinking the same thing, but it seems pretty stiff and has zero play. Maybe it’s more noticeable since it’s painted yellow?
its really a sad moment when companies are much quicker to respond to you on social media vs a basic email / phone call.

ive had to reach out to companies on social media to get their attention before and its really sad.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Looks like newer batches come with a new plaque....

WTF SPOON WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! Did they seriously stick that sticker on there like it fits and looks good?!

Screenshot_20200730-072719_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200730-073407_Instagram.jpg
Spoon came to the realization that people could just take an OEM cover to a paint shop for cheaper prob and no one would be the wiser lol. Better attach a serial number!

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
im sorry but paying that much for a painted cover regardless where it is from is silly
Lol well...I’m not even gonna defend my purchase, but this is a car enthusiast page, none of this is rational in any way shape or form. It’s a hobby we all or most are passionate about. Could have done it myself, but didn’t want to. I Don’t have that kind of time and wanted to keep everything factory just in case. I could have purchased a new valve cover and had it painted, but the simplicity of buying one already painted was more convenient. At the end of the day it’s just money used to buy useless things until we leave the planet. Highly doubt I’ll be on my deathbed thinking I shouldn’t have paid too much for that part lol ?

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Lol well...I’m not even gonna defend my purchase, but this is a car enthusiast page, none of this is rational in any way shape or form. It’s a hobby we all or most are passionate about. Could have done it myself, but didn’t want to. I Don’t have that kind of time and wanted to keep everything factory just in case. I could have purchased a new valve cover and had it painted, but the simplicity of buying one already painted was more convenient. At the end of the day it’s just money used to buy useless things until we leave the planet. Highly doubt I’ll be on my deathbed thinking I shouldn’t have paid too much for that part lol ?
Well said. We only have one life and as long as you have your priorities in check, then buy/do what makes you happy.
Sponsored