Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Here's the mirror. Crappy adhesive just came apart from itself and started to bow out from the middle. I'd have to keep lightly pressing it back into place. Of course it eventually cracked because it's so flimsy.

What's up with all these mugen/spoon accessories that are basically stuck on with double sided tape....

Screenshot_20200728-224513_Chrome.jpg
hate to admit it but happened to me too. Cracked down the middle trying to get it to stick again..put my broadway mirror back with my mugen cf cover and Iā€™m more then happy

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
hate to admit it but happened to me too. Cracked down the middle trying to get it to stick again..put my broadway mirror back with my mugen cf cover and Iā€™m more then happy
Yeah I went with those at first and it fell off while I was driving. I went with the SUMA mirrors for both side mirrors and rear view.

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
It's not just yours. Looks like mine has some bad spots up close. I honestly think spoon and Mugen are losing some of their spirit or soul... I even visited spoon and type one last June for my birthday. Lately some of their products seem gimmicky or of lower standards. It won't be long before Spoon's stuff is outsourced from Taiwan like mugen, blitz, and j's are doing now.

I got the rear view mirror and the adhesive separated from itself within 2 months and they wouldn't send me a replacement.

I doubt yours is fake. Looks like the paint has the same exact issues in similar spots on mine. It also doesn't matter who's on spoons vendor list. Basically anyone can sign up with gotuningunlimited to be a vendor and it drop ships from gotuning. I was able to get a really good deal on mine through Vivid. I think I paid $440 shipped.

Issues are really only noticeable up close. At least it looks good with everything installed though.

Screenshot_20200728-224044_Drive.jpg

Sorry, these are all screenshots because my photos are too high res and even as jpeg's they're like 18mb+ so the forum won't upload them.

Screenshot_20200728-224054_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-224114_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-224337_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-224407_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-224350_Drive.jpg
Iā€™m glad you posted that. I was scared I received fake parts but itā€™s starting to seem as if overall quality is going down. Iā€™m really surprised Q&A let that go. Funny thing was I got mine on sale too...I wonder are they sell messed up or poor quality work at discontinued prices and not saying anything

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Iā€™m glad you posted that. I was scared I received fake parts but itā€™s starting to seem as if overall quality is going down. Iā€™m really surprised Q&A let that go. Funny thing was I got mine on sale too...I wonder are they sell messed up or poor quality work at discontinued prices and not saying anything
I don't think Spoon sells defective ones at a discount. I think maybe to them it's "as good as it'll get" painting glossy finish in the stock valve cover so they just send it off like that.
I'm sure it's a lot less noticeable on wrinkle red since it's purposely wrinkled in texture.

Another thing that bothers me a little. I noticed Spoon sort of 'selling out' with their FK8. The one in Japan has SW388's but the one here is on Titan7's.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is there really any other changes from Spoon on the cover other than just paint color?
+10hp. Once I get my Spoon face mask that's another 10hp.

But yea... It's all cosmetic. Literally just a painted OEM cover.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
The mugen moisture problems happens even to stock OEM taillights. It even mentions it in the manual. Itā€™s a natural occurrence and goes away. Itā€™s condensation that will evaporate.

Iā€™d reach out to them first to give them an opportunity to make it right. If they wonā€™t, post these pictures on every form of social media, tag them, and make a stink. Thereā€™s way too much of this inexcusable crap QC going on in the aftermarket parts world. Just look at the Mugen tailight moisture problems for a good example.

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Art of Attack orders through Go Tuning. Go Tuning = Spoon Sports USA.
Thatā€™s what I figured. What I donā€™t get is for a company that prides itself on impeccable business practices why would they think itā€™s ok to send these out to customers, especially considering the price of something with zero performance and is purely aesthetic. That was the only thing it has going for it and they messed that up. Iā€™m still waiting to hear back from Art of Attack.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Art of Attack orders through Go Tuning. Go Tuning = Spoon Sports USA.
GoTuning charges a premium vs. other resellers. I guess that's the price to pay when you want to buy from the only authorized Spoon dealer in the US.....

On that note, I ordered a set of Spoon springs from RHDJapan, which are supposed to arrive in September. Hopefully I get the real ones:oops:

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow this is unfortunate. I would be super disappointed as well. You pay good money for a quality piece and it looks like that! I would return it if I were you.

Art Of Attack is legit tho, they are apparently the go to shop for authentic JDM parts from what I hear.

Buy a J's racing cover, I received mine and it looks mint compared to your Spoon. They are around the same price.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I bought my yellow Spoon valve cover from RHDJapan and only waited about 3 weeks to receive it, the workmanship sucks on the paint.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i was pretty sure spoon valve covers were wrinkle red and wrinkle yellow. This doesn't even look like the correct yellow. Fuck them they need to cover return shipping and no restock fee. That's bs.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Buying repainted OEM stuff isnt my style but i'd be so disillusioned with spoon if a $400+ plastic valve cover wasnt perfect.
Sponsored