question

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Probably a dumb question honestly but,
I just ordered the 27won downpipe and was wondering would a PRL or MAP front pipe fit that?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Don't have an answer for you but just wondering why you didn't get the 27WON front pipe as well?

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
shits on backorder until fall man. :/ dont wanna wait that long

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
shits on backorder until fall man. :/ dont wanna wait that long
Ah that's quite the backorder. Maybe just ask @Vincent@27WON if the DP will mate to other non-OEM front pipes.

Although for the record it would bother me having two separate brands pipes and I'd just install them separately when available. The stock FP isn't really a big restriction unless you've already done a turbo upgrade.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Ah that's quite the backorder. Maybe just ask @Vincent@27WON if the DP will mate to other non-OEM front pipes.

Although for the record it would bother me having two separate brands pipes and I'd just install them separately when available. The stock FP isn't really a big restriction unless you've already done a turbo upgrade.
Im just being a brat and dont wanna waaait :'((((
Id like to have all 27won bolt ons but this C virus is just killing my buzz man!

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Im just being a brat and dont wanna waaait :'((((
Id like to have all 27won bolt ons but this C virus is just killing my buzz man!
Hahahah I know what you mean dawg. My intake and FMIC are back ordered from 27WON also. But they make great stuff so I just gotta white knuckle it through this lockdown lol

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Hahahah I know what you mean dawg. My intake and FMIC are back ordered from 27WON also. But they make great stuff so I just gotta white knuckle it through this lockdown lol
Yea i got the intake already, motor mount is coming next month. JUST ordered the DP. IC is next!

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
PRL's front pipe is listed as being compatible with the OEM downpipe and most aftermarket downpipes. 27won downpipe is listed as being compatible with the OEM front pipe, so you should be able to bolt up to the PRL front pipe in theory, since they both have OEM style flanges.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
27won fp is 2.5" and prl fp (and most others) are 3". I have both 27won myself but just putting that out there in case anyone didn't know.
Good point, forgot about that. If I had to make a guess, the difference in cross sectional area probably isn't substantial enough on a stock or W1-esque turbo to make a difference but I could be wrong.