Question regarding stock airbox

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
The rubbery piece on top ... It heat soaks BIG TIME in hot weather ... I see it sort of directs air to be pulled near the top hood area for fresh cool air from outside. Is it better to simplify remove it? It's a restriction ... Removing it will increase the volume of air to the box... Thoughts? Back in the old days we would take a circular drill bit and do the air box mod ... Chop chop ...
Sponsored

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
i funneled air to that piece so it goes directly into that opening. it definitely helped with the heat soak

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Maybe this is the one he did:
This is for the fk8 i believe. I recently enquired about this air duct but once i checked under the bonnet i realised it would not help the 1.5 set up unless we actually fitted this to the lower bonnet where our air box opening is. I am looking into ways to draw colder air to this opening but its still early days!

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
This is for the fk8 i believe. I recently enquired about this air duct but once i checked under the bonnet i realised it would not help the 1.5 set up unless we actually fitted this to the lower bonnet where our air box opening is. I am looking into ways to draw colder air to this opening but its still early days!
Non Type Rs are using this as well.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag