Question on jacking up the car

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Sorry for this really dumb question, but is there a place to put a jack stand when jacking up only one corner?

So say I'm jacking up the front driver side to pull the wheel off. The driver's side jack point is occupied by the jack. I'd prefer to put a jack stand to hold the car up. Where would I put it? Thanks
Sponsored

DRFTMYTAIL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Your best bet is to get small wood, gktech, cusco, or race ramp wheel ramps to jack both fronts up by the center jack point (you will need a long jack) and then put the jack stand on the side you would like it to be placed.

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Center jack point?
Picture - please!
Thanks

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Center jack point?
Picture - please!
Thanks
You can jack the front up from here. Either go in directly with a low profile jack, or raise one side of the front with a second jack, then go in to access this point.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question on jacking up the car 2016-civic-undercarrige4-

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I use the part where there is some big bolts I believe there is three, on the passenger side there is a hook sort of thing, use that area it's part of the frame

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Just make sure you get that area

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
Thanks!
That could come in quite handy...

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
Slight thread hijack; where is the best point to position the jack to raise the back of the car (Coupe) when the front is on ramps? I need to level it out to ensure all of the oil is drained during oil & filter changes.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the coupe have the same rear center(off center) point like the hatch? Type R has a reinforced jacking point on the left side(driver side) next to the exhaust outlets.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Slight thread hijack; where is the best point to position the jack to raise the back of the car (Coupe) when the front is on ramps? I need to level it out to ensure all of the oil is drained during oil & filter changes.
I personally haven't jacked up the car in the back yet. But if you watch this video there is a rear spot to use.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I don't think all the oil ever comes out completely, however wouldn't more come out when front is tilted up as this puts the drain plug at the lowest position on the motor? Unless you refer to filling and I will to bottom level of dip drive car off ramps then let all oil settle and recheck and fill as needed.