Question for those with Dash Cams

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Those of you with Dash Cams - Are you leaving them in the car most of the time or removing them? I have a mini for the front and am about to install one in the rear. I am concerned about the heat buildup in the car, but also concerned about removing the gps unit considering the pins look like they will not fair well with removing the unit all the time.

Another question- anyone have a gps unit with the dash cam and use a Mac? I see the sw is not compatible, so may have to install additional sw. I have found a couple out there.
Sponsored

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Garmin Dash Cam 20. I leave it mounted all the time tucked up behind the rear-view mirror. I have it configured to stay powered on for 5 minutes after I turn the car off. Heat hasn't been an issue for my unit so far. The Garmin also has an application called "Garmin Dash Cam Player" that is a native Mac application. What format file does your dash cam create? The Garmin creates a .AVI file. The application also appears to work with .MP4 files in addition to .AVI.

The Garmin software is available at http://www.garmin.com/en-US/shop/downloads/dash-cam-player

Cheers-

OP
OP
civicT

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I have a Garmin Dash Cam 20. I leave it mounted all the time tucked up behind the rear-view mirror. I have it configured to stay powered on for 5 minutes after I turn the car off. Heat hasn't been an issue for my unit so far. The Garmin also has an application called "Garmin Dash Cam Player" that is a native Mac application. What format file does your dash cam create? The Garmin creates a .AVI file. The application also appears to work with .MP4 files in addition to .AVI.

The Garmin software is available at http://www.garmin.com/en-US/shop/downloads/dash-cam-player

Cheers-
I have the mini 0805. I can play the video, .MOV, but I can't play the gps maps. It only came with Windows compatible sw.

Jay Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
I alwayz leave my dash cams in the car since im using them (front and back) while the car is parked!
My model blackvue 650-2ch have a built in gps and works fine with the mac software on my pc. For gps well its built in on my touring so i can't really take it out even if wanted to...

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the mini 0805. I can play the video, .MOV, but I can't play the gps maps. It only came with Windows compatible sw.
If you haven't run across this one already it looks like it lists support for your camera. Free version to try and only $15 to buy the full version.

https://dashcamviewer.com/

OP
OP
civicT

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yea, I came across that. I might go for it.

Update - Purchased the Dashcam viewer, seems to work on initial testing.
Sponsored

Last edited: