Question for all you dealers

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you guys offer any advice on dealer trading to get a different color? First in line & getting a black one this month, but really want CW. Do you think dealers can assist with this (not getting much help from my rep so far) so wondering if this is not normal or if there is a reason a dealer would not want to do this? Maybe it depends on the dealer and policies vary for each?

I have a list of all the dealers in my state that are getting CW & tempted to start calling, but need an education on this. Don't want to step on any toes or piss off my dealer. Wondering the best way to initiate/assist on this (assuming I have any options other than asking my dealer).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Can you guys offer any advice on dealer trading to get a different color? First in line & getting a black one this month, but really want CW. Do you think dealers can assist with this (not getting much help from my rep so far) so wondering if this is not normal or if there is a reason a dealer would not want to do this? Maybe it depends on the dealer and policies vary for each?

I have a list of all the dealers in my state that are getting CW & tempted to start calling, but need an education on this. Don't want to step on any toes or piss off my dealer. Wondering the best way to initiate/assist on this (assuming I have any options other than asking my dealer).

Thanks in advance for any help.
In any normal situation, dealer trading (DT) is not an issue save for a few dealers around the country who do not trade or only trade within their autogroup. However, I can tell you first hand no dealer is willing to DT this car because there is just no need in it. With most dealers only getting 2 of them, they know they'll sell. No sense in incurring cost for shipping or worse, dealing with any damage that might happen along the way. I'm in your same boat and I've called many dealers whom I trade with on a daily basis and no one is budging at all.

You have 2 options. You luck out and find someone soon wanting black who's getting a white and y'all talk to your respective dealership managers about swapping cars and pay for the shipping cost (assuming the dealers are relatively close by). OR you pass on number 1 and wait for #2, 3 or 2018 when you might have a better shot of picking one up that's just sitting in someones inventory.

OP
OP
J35W2

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In any normal situation, dealer trading (DT) is not an issue save for a few dealers around the country who do not trade or only trade within their autogroup. However, I can tell you first hand no dealer is willing to DT this car because there is just no need in it. With most dealers only getting 2 of them, they know they'll sell. No sense in incurring cost for shipping or worse, dealing with any damage that might happen along the way. I'm in your same boat and I've called many dealers whom I trade with on a daily basis and no one is budging at all.

You have 2 options. You luck out and find someone soon wanting black who's getting a white and y'all talk to your respective dealership managers about swapping cars and pay for the shipping cost (assuming the dealers are relatively close by). OR you pass on number 1 and wait for #2, 3 or 2018 when you might have a better shot of picking one up that's just sitting in someones inventory.
Right on, thanks again R. I'm willing to pay the shipping/transfer fees, if I can just find a dealer that would trade. Do you think it would be okay if I started calling dealers? I'll wait for a response from my rep, but more than happy to do the leg work, if it helps.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right on, thanks again R. I'm willing to pay the shipping/transfer fees, if I can just find a dealer that would trade. Do you think it would be okay if I started calling dealers? I'll wait for a response from my rep, but more than happy to do the leg work, if it helps.
If you want my honest opinion, you'd be wasting your time calling. Cause they have no proof you are even first in line or that you can/will buy it to even be able to initiate the trade. Your best bet is to pound the message boards in every Civic forum looking for those NC buyers who have first dibs on the white and see if anyone wants black.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I think calling the dealers and asking if they'll trade is a lost cause. I'd call the dealers with CW and ask if you can be on their list, but I'm guessing it might be a little too late.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, one other way to guarantee a CW one would be to pay someones ADM. There will be a dealer who is getting white and has a list of ppl who will all bail once they are told there is a $2k/$5k/$10k mark up. Once that happens you can call those dealers and pay a ADM and get a white. I'm certain after these get released I'll be able to pull up a dealers "on-hand" inventory list and there will be CTRs on it.

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
Everybody has pretty much hit the nail on the head here. i was told long ago there will be no chance of dealer trades. If i didn't like the colour we were getting then either suck it up or on to the next person in line. luckily for me that blue is an amazing colour

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everybody has pretty much hit the nail on the head here. i was told long ago there will be no chance of dealer trades. If i didn't like the colour we were getting then either suck it up or on to the next person in line. luckily for me that blue is an amazing colour
The dealership I am buying from is only getting one car this year it seems and it's black. I was on the fence between black and CW, but was happy they were getting black. Should like a damn bat mobile at night.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
If you're willing to pay 5k ADM, I got a few with no deposits....

Edit: by a few, a couple white CTR's at a couple dealerships...

Judd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe, Type R
I posted a thread back a while about trading cars so everyone can get a color they want. Like others mentioned, calling the dealers won't get you very far until you actually have the car and then it's all based on if their one buyer even wants to trade. I don't think the dealer would go and ask and risk pissing someone off.

It would make sense however once everyone starts to get their hands on them to post your black one and ask if anyone physically has a White that wants to trade. That would probably give you he best results.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Well, one other way to guarantee a CW one would be to pay someones ADM. There will be a dealer who is getting white and has a list of ppl who will all bail once they are told there is a $2k/$5k/$10k mark up. Once that happens you can call those dealers and pay a ADM and get a white. I'm certain after these get released I'll be able to pull up a dealers "on-hand" inventory list and there will be CTRs on it.
I'll be patiently waiting for that :eek:

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx

Can you see what NY is getting ??

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think you will find a CW for MSRP right now, unless it is a First Come, First Served Dealer. All CW ones with a waitlist have been scooped up. So like they said, best to trade, unless you have a tent, and willing to camp out in front of the dealer's door. Actually, better to be like a bum, and just sleep sitting up, right between the double doors.....

OP
OP
J35W2

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm morally opposed to paying ADM, so if my dealer won't trade I'll take black and be happy. I'll keep up on the forums to see about a trade for CW, but considering all the stories on here, I should just be happy to have one at all. That would make 3 out of 4 Hondas being black for me & didn't choose 2 of them. Happy just to have a chance at a CTR, but my heart is stuck on CW; it's a type R legend. And my old ass back is tired of detailing black cars.
Sponsored