Question about water drain duct under rocker panel

warburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX-p
Country flag
While spraying the underside of my 2017 lxp with rp342, I noticed there are what seem to be water drain ducts located on the metal where the rocker panel is connected. The question I have is: there are roughly 10 ducts, and all but 3 are covered by the rubber epoxy that honda uses. Is there a reason why they would cover most of them and leave only 3 open? I can poke holes with a safety pin to open the sealed ones up, I just dont know if it is necessary for water drainage. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

In the pictures, the open one is all the way on the right, and there are 3 closed ducts on the left.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about water drain duct under rocker panel 2020-12-02_20.07.55

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about water drain duct under rocker panel IMG_20201129_085528941

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about water drain duct under rocker panel IMG_20201129_085521455

Last edited:

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Leave them alone. The big-brain engineers know what they're doing.

I'm not even sure what your pictures are showing. I don't see any "drain ducts."

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
you use some of those holes for installing some accessories.

OP
OP

warburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX-p
Country flag
Leave them alone. The big-brain engineers know what they're doing.

I'm not even sure what your pictures are showing. I don't see any "drain ducts."
In the first picture, dead center. There are 3 channels on the left that are covered by a long strip of rubber caulk like material. There is one on the right that is uncovered. I edited the pic to show the location.

you use some of those holes for installing some accessories.
Those holes are not what I am referring to. You can see in the last picture a close up of the slit between the rubber caulk that Honda uses
Sponsored

Last edited: