Question about touring navigation

NJmom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I just bought my daughter a 2016 Civic Touring, and we were trying to figure out how the use the built-in navigation system. Once I choose my destination, is there a way to see, and choose from, multiple route options? Then, when I tell it to go, is there a way to see the route it's taking me on? I like scan through a list of the driving directions, i.e. names of roads, how many miles on each, etc.
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just bought my daughter a 2016 Civic Touring, and we were trying to figure out how the use the built-in navigation system. Once I choose my destination, is there a way to see, and choose from, multiple route options? Then, when I tell it to go, is there a way to see the route it's taking me on? I like scan through a list of the driving directions, i.e. names of roads, how many miles on each, etc.
I don't believe so, but I can check in the morning for you. The best option (being somebody who has a touring) is to just not use IMO. I love the fact it has navigation, but because I have my phone plugged in all the time and maps is intergrated into android auto I just end up using that.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
No, but there is a setting for you to choose between shortest distance, shortest time, and I think you can also avoid tolls, highways, etc.

No way to select multiple routes as far as my experience goes though.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It'll dynamically route you around traffic, but you can't actively choose a different route while driving. You have up to 3 options only before you begin navigating.

If you touch the top bar while navigating, it'll show you the roads and distances on your route, I think. I can double check later.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
My wife set it up on the three long trips we took together and she was able to select where the route was. I'm not sure if she set "travel via" points or whatever this unit calls them but it worked well.
Sponsored