Question about Supporting mods

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just recently purchased my Type R, but Ive been building my list of mods for the last year and they go as follows
1. Eventuri Intake
2. PRL Catless Downpipe
3. 27Won Front-Mid Pipe and Exhaust
4. Hondata Tune stage 2
5. Acuity Shifter
6. PRL Intercooler and Charge Pipes
7. 27Won RMM
8. Tires and Rims
9. Shifter Cable Bushing
10. PTP Turbo Blanket

Now my question is what other supporting mods am i missing that i might be missing, i dont plan on running flex fuel, or changing the turbo charger anytime soon, and id really prefer to not have to do the rods or pistons, do i need the PTP blankets, is the turbo inlet pipe worth it?, with threads of clutch slippage do i need to get a better clutch if so which one? are there other mods that i dont know about that should be done like braided brake lines? please dont suggest blinker fluid Ive worked on cars before but my knowledge is still limited. (Edit: added 7-9 based on suggestions!)
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
If you are tracking I would consider an oil cooler as well. You should have no issues with the clutch with those mods - from what I can tell it is somewhere in the 400-450 hp range where you need that (about the same range you might consider stronger engine internals.) I like braided brake lines for peace of mind, but again it depends on what you plan on doing with the car. The titanium inlet pipe appears to also be worthwhile for increasing airflow, but I can't comment on the heat dissipation personally (it's winter in my area so cold anyway.) And you know, check your muffler belt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are tracking I would consider an oil cooler as well. You should have no issues with the clutch with those mods - from what I can tell it is somewhere in the 400-450 hp range where you need that (about the same range you would be looking at stronger engine internals.) I like braided brake lines for peace of mind, but again it depends on what you plan on doing with the car. The titanium inlet pipe appears to also be worthwhile for increasing airflow, but I can't comment on the heat dissipation personally (it's winter in my area so cold anyway.) And you know, check your muffler belt.
Ill make sure to check the belt, if you'll look into the muffler bearing issue for me:lol:. Im not going to be tracking it at all going for mostly street applications, and ya know Glamour, and one day having a 600WHP car when the supporting mods are there. As ive seen so far until some more R&D is done the Type R is stuck in 400-500 WHP limbo. Also bottles are for babies and Methanol just dosnt fit my application. I guess as far as street applications go, Most if not all Braces are unnecessary. I guess I should add tires, slightly smaller rims, and a Rear motor mount to the list, but am I missing anything else?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Shifter cable bushings along with the shifter.
Turbo blanket
I would suggest a different motor mount, though to each is their own

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
What’s up @ThorSellsCars I seen you post in the Houston 10th gen group, that’s pretty much all you need. Get the cable bushings also.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I would get PRL HVI instead. Dont bother with Eventuri lol

OP
OP
ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would get PRL HVI instead. Dont bother with Eventuri lol
I'm curious. Why do you suggest this? The eventuri is beautiful and up untill the HVI released the Eventuri and aFe had the best results on the Dyno. Obviously it would cut cost but i dont really mind cost. Just looking for the best and if they have Identical stats then ill go Eventuri for the eye candy, but if the HVI is genuinely better ill go that route instead.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'm curious. Why do you suggest this? The eventuri is beautiful and up untill the HVI released the Eventuri and aFe had the best results on the Dyno. Obviously it would cut cost but i dont really mind cost. Just looking for the best and if they have Identical stats then ill go Eventuri for the eye candy, but if the HVI is genuinely better ill go that route instead.
Idunno, ask them why they didnt want to release the numbers from the video Hondata did comparing all the intakes?

OP
OP
ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idunno, ask them why they didnt want to release the numbers from the video Hondata did comparing all the intakes?
As far as i understand another dyno company did a full test of 8 different intakes and it pulled the highest numbers, stock to stock ill find the link and link it
Sponsored