RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
That looks like a good option if you don't get the Seeker wheel. I wish the seeker one had sleek outer bezels for the buttons like that one does. Maybe my friend can 3D print something for me. I do prefer the buttons to be within thumbs reach though.
looking at the seeker again, its not QD, is it? i see the controls are wired to the wheel. would you have to remove then wire harnesses every time you take off the wheel?

i agree that i would rather have them within thumbs reach but i would opt for the WORKS so i could have QD + still have the controls.
Sponsored

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
looking at the seeker again, its not QD, is it? i see the controls are wired to the wheel. would you have to remove then wire harnesses every time you take off the wheel?

i agree that i would rather have them within thumbs reach but i would opt for the WORKS so i could have QD + still have the controls.
That's true. It's not quick release. I don't really need it since I get in and out of the car with ease.

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag
Been thinking about one of these aftermarket wheels the past couple days as the current offerings don’t really excite me lol. Y’all don’t feel sketch riding around without an airbag in a daily tho? Thats my only reservation with these. Yet I do ride a motorcycle w/o an airbag lol.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Been thinking about one of these aftermarket wheels the past couple days as the current offerings don’t really excite me lol. Y’all don’t feel sketch riding around without an airbag in a daily tho? Thats my only reservation with these. Yet I do ride a motorcycle w/o an airbag lol.
no air bag and not covered in a shell of metal lol yea, i like the idea but ill prob keep stock wheel. i find now issues with it and i can get out and in (without moving the seat or wheel) without issues. if the seating position was weird or i had short legs and had to sit closer to the wheel then i would consider. but dont have that issue and i dont mind the stock wheel. so stock for me! but might want to check back with me next week as i change my mind faster than speeding bullet lol

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed the Seeker today. there's enough cable for a tilt-up to be used and not cause issues, but I would advise going against a quick release to completely remove the wheel. You only have like 4-5" of slack in the cables.

I might try that option in the future but right now it's perfect for me to get in and out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about quick release steering wheel 20200828_102723

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about quick release steering wheel 20200828_113320