RollSeven

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I'll soon be receiving my first brake change. I feel the OEM brakes have treated me well the first go-round. I'm having my brakes changed at a local repair shop I trust. Would the best route be to order the brake pads from a Honda dealership and just take them to the mechanic to install? Do mechanics take kindly to this kind of thing? I mean, do they lose out on a lot of profit if I bring my own brake pads, or can they order them for me at a reasonable price? I'm also open to good aftermarket brake pads, as long as they last and don't SQUEAL unnecessarily when they aren't even worn. Thanks for any information, folks.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey Trey! If you're cool with the shop they shouldn't give you too much slack, but even then it's your car and your choice :)

With that said, we have the EBC Brake Pads and Rotors for your Coupe. Your description for your driving style and preferences points you right towards the EBC Greenstuff, it's an OEM+ upgrade with little noise and long life. EBC Redstuff is more for the spirited driver, and EBC Yellowstuff can handle hard street driving and light-mild track use.

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2016-honda-civic-coupe?pf_pt_product_type=Braking

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

OP
OP
RollSeven

RollSeven

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the response. I'll check out the product.
Hello. I've decided I want the EBC S2 Greenstuff Kit for my vehicle. This kit comes with the G3000 sport rotors too. Will this kit work for both .y front and rear rotors? Can I just order two of these kits to take care of all 4 of my wheels? Or do I need to buy a different model/kit frot and rear? Do you know of a distributor website I can visit or call to order? Also, is there a big difference in performance between the regular EBC rotor without slots, compared to the G3000 for daily driving? Thanks for your time.
Sponsored