Question About Maintenance Minder Service Code

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
I had the code A1 for about a week, I took my vehicle to get an oil & filter change, tire rotation yesterday. Ever since I've had the code B on my dash, does anyone know why I'm getting the code if I just got an oil change? I tried resetting it but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated it
Sponsored

mikey003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
its normal,

that mean B is due at your next scheduled service, when MM gets down to 10% or whatever

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
It gives you the next code to come up. If it was just serviced, it is basically saying 99% until code B.
This....

It can also add codes before your next service if you hit certain mileage thresholds.

be12nard

First Name
InvisibleWorld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic EXL
Country flag
For anyone with the code B, do you just ignore the code and wait until the oil life gets down to 15% then taking the car back to honda?

txtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
The big problem with the Maintenance Minder that I now have and I've read others have is compliance not by drivers but by the Honda dealers, both in following the MM program and in resetting the MMs. The dealer near me is among those ignoring Honda and going by a mileage schedule and not informing customers about the MM ("oh, just ignore it and go by 5,000 miles"). If customers aren't directed to read about it, they'll go by the mileage schedule they've followed all their lives that their dealer is pushing. If only a couple services are done too soon or the dealer neglects to reset the MM ("did it pop up late? The tech prolly forgot, just go in and reset it"), everything is out of whack and, from what I can tell, the only option is to revert to the more wasteful, more expensive 5,000-mile schedule, to the dealer's $$$ enjoyment.

Honda should set mandates and penalties to dealers, because If enough owners have catastrophic engine failure across the U.S.--for whatever reason--it seems like the perfect scenario for a class action lawsuit.
Sponsored