xtherebellion

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring Sedan
Country flag
I just got a '16 Civic Touring. When playing around with some of the options for the info screen (where the tachometer and speedometer is) the Navigation, Music and Phone options just display a loading circle. I tried it with / without phone connected and with / without gps in use. I'd prefer not having to bring it in to the dealer if necessary.

Also, for the head unit, is there any way to stream videos from the iPhone? Using carPlay / bluetooth I don't see any option.

Thank you & Sorry if this is posted already as I didn't see it in my initial search,
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
First question (the loading circle) -- doesn't sound right. I haven't had that problem. Try rebooting the head unit if you haven't already.

Second question (streaming videos) -- there's no option because they don't want to allow it. A simple workaround would be to load videos into a USB stick, plug it into the car (the USB port in the cupholder/armrest area works in mine), and view them in the head unit's Gallery "app".

Might be a more involved way to root the HU and make it happen, but I haven't looked into it.