jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I’m looking to install the Type R fog lights on a 2016 sedan touring. What connector would I need for the new fog lights?
Sponsored

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you so much! Do you know if all the fog lights in the civics are interchangeable?
I need that adapter when I go from LED fog, aka FK8 fog, to the yellow Honda access fog.

It seems like the regular fog has different adapter.

With that said, that adapter in the ebay link won't help you.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about fog lights IMG_6060.JPG

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I need that adapter when I go from LED fog, aka FK8 fog, to the yellow Honda access fog.

It seems like the regular fog has different adapter.

With that said, that adapter in the ebay link won't help you.

IMG_6060.JPG
Is there a normal fog to LED FK8 wire anywhere??

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just got these in today.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about fog lights FF0BB15A-EF40-4473-A892-1C78A111891B

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about fog lights 4F1EF17C-814E-4069-B117-921DD649C8A3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Just got these in today.

FF0BB15A-EF40-4473-A892-1C78A111891B.jpeg

4F1EF17C-814E-4069-B117-921DD649C8A3.jpeg
Hi

I was thinking about doing the same thing to my civic as well. The link above for ordering the wire didn’t work cause the link was old. I was wonder if you can help me with a few questions.

1 - I was wondering if you remember where you order the wire from? Also, did you have to do anything else to wire when you received them? Im only asking because I found someone on eBay that sell the wire. They warn me that some buyers had some difficult time installing them because they had to flip the adapter for the lights to work.

2 - Was the installation easy like plug and play?

Thank you in advance!!!

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi

I was thinking about doing the same thing to my civic as well. The link above for ordering the wire didn’t work cause the link was old. I was wonder if you can help me with a few questions.

1 - I was wondering if you remember where you order the wire from? Also, did you have to do anything else to wire when you received them? Im only asking because I found someone on eBay that sell the wire. They warn me that some buyers had some difficult time installing them because they had to flip the adapter for the lights to work.

2 - Was the installation easy like plug and play?

Thank you in advance!!!
1. Ordered from that eBay link, I was one of the ones that had to flip the wires. Easy enough though. He said he’d never seen anyone that had to flip them before, so I guess I was special. But 90% of the time they don’t need to be flipped.

2. 100% plug and play! I would recommend! You do have to remove the bumper if you have a sedan.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
1. Ordered from that eBay link, I was one of the ones that had to flip the wires. Easy enough though. He said he’d never seen anyone that had to flip them before, so I guess I was special. But 90% of the time they don’t need to be flipped.

2. 100% plug and play! I would recommend! You do have to remove the bumper if you have a sedan.
Thank you for the reply!

how did you flip the switch? I am having the same problem with the connector.

Chito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

Do you have an updated link to the adapter that you bought? I have a 2016 touring sedan and trying to do the OEM LED fog light upgrade.

I also have Honda Sensing, so does this cause an issue and will this harness adapter and OEM LED fog lights still work for a 2016 touring sedan with Honda Sensing?
Sponsored