Question about FK7 exhaust systems in the market.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Of the exhaust systems currently on the market for the FK7. Which company makes a system where the resonator in the middle of the car is combined with a muffler of some sort and moved to the rear of the car? I know the 27won system deals with the drone keeping the resonators in the rear, but I cannot verify if there is a middle resonator or just straight pipe to the front pipe. I looked at the Greddy Supreme SP system and commentary says the drone is present at 3000rpm. Preferably, I would like to just buy a muffler/resonator system placed in the rear and custom-making straight piping from the rear to the front pipe. I live in CA for context.
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of the exhaust systems currently on the market for the FK7. Which company makes a system where the resonator in the middle of the car is combined with a muffler of some sort and moved to the rear of the car? I know the 27won system deals with the drone keeping the resonators in the rear, but I cannot verify if there is a middle resonator or just straight pipe to the front pipe. I looked at the Greddy Supreme SP system and commentary says the drone is present at 3000rpm. Preferably, I would like to just buy a muffler/resonator system placed in the rear and custom-making straight piping from the rear to the front pipe. I live in CA for context.
I have the Greddy SP, got a catted downpipe and no drone :thumbsup:

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have soundclips and is it loud? I have the RV6 catted downpipe and want a exhaust that is not so loud and doesn't drone. Thanks.
I don't have any good clips that would let you hear the lack of drone unfortunately!

That being said... it is, in my opinion, the perfect sound. It isn't loud under about 4k rpm, but once you get into 4500-5000 rpm it's ANGRY. Some days I wish it was juuuuust a bit louder, but I've had LEO's behind me more times than I can count and they never bat an eye so it's probably as good as it's gonna get without being too much. I was actually super worried about this myself... not TOO loud but you can hear it, no drone, but still sounds nice and aggressive when you really get on the pedal. Luckily I got that on the first try! Even the cold starts here in NY aren't too bad at 5am, my neighbors don't hate me and I live in a small neighborhood lol.

Oh and I do have a RMM which changed the sound as well.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
+1 for greddy SP
Loud when you want it, quiet when you don’t. During normal driving load it’s slightly louder than stock, but it’s hardly a difference, but under load you can tell it’s definitely aftermarket. Nice deep note, with absolutely no drone when cruising

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had a Greddy Supreme SP and a PRL catted downpipe, it was good in the city but louder than I would have preferred on the highway. Most people who rode with me or drove the car felt the same way.

Last edited:

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
In city driving, greddy sp is quiet enough, but when I went on a road trip averaging around 75-80 mph, I couldn't stand the exhaust anymore. Having strut bar on or off affects the sound. Lean or rich condition affects the sound. 87-93 octane affects the sound. Cold or warm engine affects the sound. IMO intake setup has a big effect on drone. I have type r RMM, but I dont remember what it sounded like before the install. It always sounds different anyway. Most importantly, it's corny to have a loud exhaust with cvt, so I'm going to take it off when spring comes.
Sponsored