redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
if you want to be sure you have no leaks you can borrow a pressure tester from most auto parts stores.select the correct cap that goes unto the radiator after unscrewing the cap,pump up to 15 PSI,and wait.it should hold 15 PSI for a couple of hours if theres no leaks.dont play with a hot radiator,do it before you drive the car.
Sponsored

Reactions: BWZ
OP
OP
BWZ

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 2003 Honda Civic
Country flag
Y'all are so nice. I'm getting the coolant on Sunday with my fancy new funnels (I'm assuming I should wash them first... which I will do). I'll get it between the min/max line, take a photo, and then keep an eye on the level to see if it changes.

Still going to find a good time to drop it off for basic maintenance. But glad to know I'm doing the right things.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Y'all are so nice. I'm getting the coolant on Sunday with my fancy new funnels (I'm assuming I should wash them first... which I will do). I'll get it between the min/max line, take a photo, and then keep an eye on the level to see if it changes.

Still going to find a good time to drop it off for basic maintenance. But glad to know I'm doing the right things.

See coolant specs at the bottom

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about coolant Capture d’écran, le 2021-07-23 à 15.27.22

Reactions: BWZ
OP
OP
BWZ

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 2003 Honda Civic
Country flag
See coolant specs at the bottom
Yup, got the Type 2 coming in the mail tomorrow. Filling it up to about half way between the min/max lines, taking a picture for reference, then continuing to drive it and monitor the level. Thank you all for your help! If I'm forgetting anything, please let me know

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There's no cap on radiator. Only the overflow container is which were your gonna fill it when it's cold. Just tell carmax you smell burning coolant from the engine.

Bru87tr

Its just OAT coolant. You can use other than type II, just make sure same specs and same ingredients.
Sponsored