Question about Boost Pressure on CVT

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I have a CVT and have adjusted BBG settings, however I was wondering what the max boost would be for the lower gears (1-3). Anyone have an idea what would be the max you want for those lower gears so you don't stress the transmission? @KTuner?
Sponsored

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never seen the 'gear' plotted during a real drive on CVT with comparisons of rpm and vss (maybe tps would be good too). It would probably look erratic. It's all about abstractly penned silos of gearing.
I do not care to add too much more boost. I am also interested because of the torque spike the tuners have mentioned. And not slipping my tired needlessly, especially if it is increasing wear. I took the stg 2 tune for CVT, and for gears 1,2 I reduced the BBG as follows (both units in pref set to PSI):

3000rpm for -1.1 onward ==> 18.5
3500rpm for -1.1 onward ==> 19.0
4000rpm for -1.1 onward ==> 21.0

The table is crazy. Why is so much x-axis range addressed, or why is the interval change on the y-axis 250rpm? If some of the addressing for the table could get better resolution, then curve smoothing could be so much better. The ability to explore the power train would be heightened.

Reactions: Myx

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
As mentioned, the x-axis is atmospheric pressure. Since the turbo has to make up any difference between your atmospheric pressure and 1 atmosphere. This is called relative pressure, if you want to read about it.

We don't set the breakpoints for this table, they're factory.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx